second W30 starting 2/22

lori_vt

Day 29 (Saturday)

Felt ok this morning, still not 100%.  Had a mostly "usual" breakfast with the exception of the sausage patty.  Got into a major cleaning mode, after all it is Spring now.  You wouldn't know it by looking outside at the 2 feet of snow and ice, or at the thermometer which reads 2 degrees right now.  But the sun has been out, and the days are longer.  It can't be long now.  My lettuce seeds have sprouted!  Planning to commit more time to gardening this summer. 

bfast:  3 eggs with 1/2 cup chopped veggies (asparagus, broccoli, red pepper, onion, jalapeno) and 1/2 cup chopped sweet potato, 2 cups of decaf with coconut oil (first coffee since Monday!)

lunch:  10 oz baked cod (leftover Fish en Papillotte...), sweet and sour kale

dinner:  3 Applegate hot dogs, 1/2 cup Bubbie's sauerkraut, roasted asparagus, 1/2 roasted sweet potato "fries"

Day 30!!  Sunday

bfast:  2 eggs over easy with cranberry sausage patty, same veggies as above, and 2 cups decaf with coconut oil

lunch:  (too skimpy) 1/2 cup gingered carrot and parsnip soup, 1 slice of paleo meatloaf (beef/pork/veggies/tomato "glaze"), apple and almond butter (which was meant for my granddaughter, but she only had one slice then refused the rest)

dinner:  crockpot mexican beef, roasted turnip, parsnips and carrots, roasted sugar snap peas with shallots and thyme

Hard to believe that I have finished 30 days of clean, wholesome meals.  It went fast.  Probably because I was sick for nearly an entire week.  I changed up my food quite a bit from the first W30.  I did well noticing and changing my relationship with coffee.  I need to focus on sitting down for every meal and eating without distractions.  I'm about 85% there with breakfast, but lunch I eat at my desk (with distractions) and dinner is 50/50.  Sometimes I'll sit down to eat, and sometimes I stand and eat.  I also don't think I eat enough fat at each meal. 

After this W30, I want to be much more conscious of re-introducing foods in a way that lets me observe their impact on me.  I didn't do that last time.  And this time around I've read ISWF and I had the recipes from Well Fed 1 and 2.  I am not sure I want to regularly consume dairy, because of it's inflammatory effects.  I know for sure I don't want to add grains back in, even though I don't think I have any problem tolerating them.  Long ago I noticed that when I would eat grains, it made me crave more, so I pretty much just stopped eating them.  And me and tortilla chips - very dysfunctional relationship.  17 oz bag could be gone in one "standing", since I won't even sit down with them, I'll just hold the bag and eat and eat until it's gone.  I do this by digging to the bottom to eat the broken pieces (which are the most salty) and as the small pieces disappear and only the full size chips are left, I end up breaking them in to small pieces and finishing off the entire bag.  So, I never buy tortilla chips anymore.  I am not in such a hurry to have an alcoholic beverage either.  Again, inflammation factor.  Because of the gastrointestinal bleeding scare (from 10 +/- years of NSAID use), I am not taking any anti-inflammatories, and my chronic back pain and joint pain is back.  I have no desire to add foods back in that cause inflammation, since I can't even get my inflammation (pain) under control on the W30.  I think the food I'd like to add in first is bacon.  Mmm, bacon.  I've missed bacon.  Warm sweet potato and bacon egg salad.  Bacon anything.  I found a nitrate/nitrite free product, but it does contain "less than 2% sugar."  <sigh>  isn't there another company like US Wellness that can come up with a W30-compliant bacon product??  The demand is HIGH!!

Okay - time for me to get ready for bed.  It's 9:20 pm, and I haven't gotten my b'fast set up for morning yet, or any of the other things I need to do before lights out. 

I'll move my log into the reintro board starting tomorrow!  :D

Archived