4th week exhaustion

t_li

Hello. I am not sure how this works exactly, but I am hoping that someone out there might be able to offer some advice.

I am in week 4 of the Whole30 and have stuck to it really well. This week - more than any other, I am super exhausted. I crawl into bed at 10pm and don't have the energy to get up and work out in the mornings like I usually do.

I was pretty much paleo before starting the whole30 but definitely cheating :)

Is that a "thing"?

What do your meals look like.  If you could give people an idea on what you eat, folks will be able to chime in and give you some advice of what to "tweak"

That being said - if you are a female - being close to your period will definitely drain you and make you feel physically tired.  If you are not a female - then ignore that last remark!

thanks, Carlaccini!

Today's meals were:

Breakfast: Left over roast been (grass fed, grass finished), 2 pastured eggs, 2 cucumbers (mini) and a handful of snap peas as well as 1/4 avocado

Lunch: 1/2 grass fed steak, kale salad, sweet potato, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 green apple

Dinner: Baked salmon, brussels sprouts, raw coconut, handful of blackberries 

I am a woman but still a few weeks away from my period. Not sure what's happening.

Hmmm your meals look good. 

I would try adding some starchy veg to your breakfast.  This can be any root veg that you like, or squash.  Even if it is just a couple of spoonfuls to your regular veg. 

I would try that for a few days to see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I will try.

I must be honest, I was not expecting this at all. I almost feel as though I have the detox symptoms now. On day 22!

Every body is different, I do know that but I feel as though I am walking through a fog the past few days. Can't wait for this to pass!

I too had delayed reactions on my first whole 30.  I think I noticed in and around day 23 or 24 that my symptoms were matching that of day 14 and 15.  So I added 15 more days to my whole 30 to make it a whole 45.

By the end I was feeling so much more better than I had been before that I didn't want to go back.  And so I haven't.  Are there days where I make poorer food choices?  Yes.  Do I pay for those poor food choices?  Yep.  But now I know why they happen.

Archived