Perimenopausal systoms and Whole 30

Angie Cooper

I am just wondering if anyone has seen any significant changes for the better while doing or after completing the whole 30 challenge.

So far I have not noticed any real changes myself and I am now on day 21.

One thing the whole 30 challenge has helped me with is curbing any cravings for comfort food in my really difficult times which I am so grateful for.

I would be really interested to know if anyone else going through this time of life has noticed positive changes. :unsure:

I am hoping you get some feedback on this thread.  I am also perimenopausal, but I'm only on day four!  I haven't seen any significant changes yet.  I am not having headaches or feeling "crappy" like most people are at this point.

Good luck with your journey...you are almost done!

If you want to continue this way of eating, but not so strict then go Paleo.  If you are doing Whole 30, then I'm sure you have heard of it.

Did you do before stats (weight, measurements & body fat) and going to do them again at the end of this?

I would love to know your results if you are willing to share!

I am just wondering if anyone has seen any significant changes for the better while doing or after completing the whole 30 challenge.

So far I have not noticed any real changes myself and I am now on day 21.

One thing the whole 30 challenge has helped me with is curbing any cravings for comfort food in my really difficult times which I am so grateful for.

I would be really interested to know if anyone else going through this time of life has noticed positive changes. :unsure:

YES!

I am 48 and probably toward the end of perimenopause (experiencing it since age 40).  I started Whole30 back in spring 2013 after I started having up to 24 hot flashes per day.  Within 3 weeks I had them down to zero per day (even though I wasn't fully compliant with the Whole30; have yet to complete one).

My moods completely stabilize.  My brain clears up (less foggy thinking), my belly flattens out considerably as long as I stay away from a lot of nuts/nut butters.  It did NOT normalize my cycles, but going Paleo in June 2012 initially did… thinking I am just that much further down the line now.   Rapid heart rate episodes 

I think some form of modified Whole30  or restrictive Paleo (same difference!) is going to be my way to go.  Dairy might be an issue.  I am crossing my fingers that I am able to string together 30 days this time around (chocolate is my weakness) so I can do an honest reintroduction to find any triggers.

So, I think this is worth while for many who struggle with symptoms.  There is such a powerful link between cholesterol, insulin and hormone production so taking control of our eating is probably the best way to ensure a healthy functioning of this complicated system

I wish you luck!

~Pam

Hi Pam

Thanks for letting me know how the Paleo and the Whole 30 has helped you through your perimenopausal time.

I was going to try bioidentical hormones but have now decided to give Paleo 6mths to see if my symptoms get any better before going down that path.

Thanks for your support Pam and Best of luck to you. :)

So, Angie - you have less than a week to go and you will be through your Whole 30!  WOO HOO!  I am on day 6 and am still doing pretty good and was feeling fine till I came down with a head cold.  I am taking homeopathic medicine and hopefully it will not last long.

I can't wait to hear your results!

Archived