Late Period AND on the pill?

CarolinaVol

I've read through as many threads as I can about changes in cycles, but no one seems to mention whether or not they are on the pill. I am on the pill (to regulate my period; I am not sexually active so I know I can't be pregnant), and I should've started my period on Tuesday (every once in a while it'll start early Wednesday). Last week I had a little break through bleeding for about 3 days (which hasn't happened since 2 years ago right when I went on the pill), but no actual period. Has this happened to other people? I know lots of people have experienced changes in their cycle, but I am particularly concerned because I am on the pill.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you've had to go so long without a reply.  I'm on the pill and I've had really irregular periods since starting eating Paleo.  I starting eating Paleo-ish on Jan 1st.  I could tell it was a big change for my body b/c I had a constant, low level headache for a week and a half-- thinking this was sugar withdrawal.  I had a strong period around Jan 10th--a full two weeks before I was supposed to!  I think eating so differently really stressed my body out initially.  Since then, though, I've had little to no period.   I started my Whole 30 on Feb 17th.  I know I'm not pregnant b/c I've done a test recently.  I'm thinking it will regulate in a month or two.

Hang in there--you're not alone.  

I am on the pill. I started spotting mid cycle and that turned into a full period. I just chucked the rest of the pill pack since I ended up having a full period anyways. This has never happened before (and i have been on the pill for a long time) so I know it is because of the diet change. The whole reason I started the whole30 is because my periods are debilitating and I no longer want to be on birth control. I am already seeing some significant hormonal changes and am only on day 15. I'm thrilled!

Best of luck to you!

Same thing happened to me during my first Whole 30 in January 2013! I had never ever bled through during 5 years on BC and was shocked to see it 2-3 days before normal (and a day before removing my nuvaring!) Subsequent cycles on BC have been normal, except right after my grandfather died. No period that month for me -- too much stress. I'm going off BC this next month and am excited/nervous for real cycles. I'm timing it just after a Whole 30 in the hopes it will be easier for my body.

Archived