Accidental Bite!

So I tried to find a topic like this on here but I think I need one for my specific case. I'm visiting home this weekend so my food choices are a little limited, but I was super excited when I found out my mom had made chicken cacciatore earlier in the week. I went through all the ingredients with her as I was heating it up and she even told me she used my special chicken broth that didn't have added sugar. So obviously I was so excited! I started heating it up and tried a bite of mushroom and a shred of chicken to taste how hot it was, but then I got to wondering about the sauce and how it got so thick. I quickly ran upstairs and asked if my mom used any flour to thicken the sauce and she said no, BUT she used it on the chicken to pan fry it before throwing it in the pot. So I immediately stopped reheating it and covered it for my sister to eat later.

I know that's incredibly specific, but here's the thing I'm on DAY 27 and I've been SO diligent (including a restart due to accidental honey in my first attempt) and I am so worried that the insanely small amount of wheat flour I MAY have just ingested ruined everything.. Do I need a restart?

• Moderators

At day 27, I would just ride it on out. If it had happened in the first week, I would say even a small amount could make a difference, but at day 27, you can see the end. Just delay reintroducing wheat to the end of your testing process. 

I just had one of those moments this weekend! Made spaghetti for my kids & out of habit I tested a strand by taking a bite (it was still a little al dente). I'm still in my first week, so just figured I'll keep on keepin' on & be more present.

Congrats on finishing!

Archived