Starting 2/23 and Nervous

I am a mom of 2 young girls and am sick of what i have allowed my body to get to.  Not only am i unhappy with the physical appearence.  But, I am ashamed of what I continue to put in it.  I am looking forward to being healthy again and becoming a role model for my girls... I have no support at home and am doing this alone. Anyone else starting Monday?!?!  Also, I am super nervous about how i'm going to stick to this and how I'll feel on the journey.  Any other breastfeeding moms have advice?

Breastfeeding mom of a 6-month-old here. I finished my 2nd whole30 last month, first was before my pregnancy (when I went totally off the rails). 

For me, the most challenging time is when I get home after a busy day, have no idea what I'm going to eat for dinner, and don't have any options in the fridge.... you know, those nights where in my previous life I would have ordered a pizza. So basically, I don't let that happen. If you work during the week, use the weekends to plan your meals, stock up on groceries, and make sure you always have Whole30 compliant food on hand.

When you're breastfeeding (and especially if you are sleep deprived) it can be hard to know how much to eat. Stick to the meal template as much as possible, but don't be afraid to add an extra meal or some snacks. But don't get all crazy with your snacking - I try to avoid snacks that I would eat purely for pleasure (like cashews or macadamia nuts) because that reinforces old habits. 

Lastly, know why you are doing this. Read ISWF. Avoid (or at least try to ignore) anyone in your life who isn't supportive. And whatever you do, stay OFF the scale.

Good luck!! It will be challenging, but it will be worth it.

Archived