Such puffiness - ??

Tarcy33

I'm on day 6 of my first Whole30 - I'm doing fine with everything, love cooking & vegs, etc... And I've reviewed the W30 timeline and referred to ISWF, but I still have a question. My fingers are SO puffy - like I've been eating Chinese Take-out and pizza for the past 6 days or something! What gives???? Also, some pain in my neck and my shoulders that had already begun to subside is back. One thing that I did add this weekend is Natural Calm magnesium supplement and Omega-3. Thoughts? Experiences? If I spend much more time obsessing over my Whole30 research I'll be in danger of losing my job! (JK!) but still...... Would love to hear from others. Thanks!

Hi Tarcy, I wish you the best of luck with your Whole30!  I know for some of us, it's a big shift to go from what we were eating prior to W30 and what we're eating now so it could be just the change in foods that's causing the issue.  Do you think you're getting enough fluids? I have to remind myself to drink enough. 

That said, if you have a lot of water retention that doesn't resolve and is not something you normally experience, you may also want to see your primary care provider to rule out anything that's more than a temporary reaction to your changes in food choices.

Thanks for chiming in! I've wondered about water retention - don't know why but maybe as a result of more nuts than usual? I'm going to back off to just a couple/few servings per week instead of a serving per day (has been almonds, pistachios & macadamia) even tho I thought I was being reasonable about it. And I've been cooking with coconut oil which is new. As for the rest of the food spectrum, it's been a matter more of elimination (sugar, alcohol, grains etc), as we have always included the staples of W30.

My Omega3 is Barleans and the other ingredients listed are: Fish oil (Pollock and Hake), softgel capsule (fish gelatin, glycerine, purified water), natural flavor, natural mixed tocopherol

Just not used to this much bloat in my hands.

I really appreciate your comments! Thank you!

Archived