Anzas W30 #2

anzadel

didn't do my first one perfect. Ate pretty good post w30 until my ski trip vacation. Ugh.  Did a H U G E cook up yesterday and ready to get back on track.   

Adding some additional rules to the many existing. 

No nuts or nut butters

No sweet potato, yam or plantain

No Dried Fruit.

I tend to make sweet potato fries and  plaintain chips. Total SWYPO. Even just straight up mashed sweet potato cannot be eaten like a normal person. I will eat 4 baked sweet potatoes if they're sitting there. Sigh.  I actually do better with white potatoes...I do not really like them that much. But I won't be eating them, either. 

I would like to avoid fruit altogether except it's good for emergency situation. I mean you can find an apple anywhere. Dried fruit, esp dates and figs are worse then candy for me. 

Motivation? fit back into my gore-tex ski pants. And if I can? I will go on another ski trip in March!!! 

if not? I might go skiing anyway depending on conditions...but not buying more ski pants!!! (p.s I actually snowboard, but ski is easier to type.)

Yesterday was Day Zero! I made 3 pounds of meatballs, 3 pounds of chicken legs. Roasted a spahegetti squash, a pound of brussel sprouts and a pound of mushrooms. I also cut up a bunch of bell peppers and jicama and made a batch of home made mayo. Thankfully I had egg fritattas in the freezer ready to go.  Oh and I bottled up three gallons of kombucha....some plain and some on a second ferment with ginger and tumeric. 

Day 1

M1

2 asparagus and egg frittas (w/ coconut milk)

cup spaghetti squash

1/2 avocado

M2

meatballs

spaghetti squash

mushrooms

M3

meatballs

chicken leg

mushrooms

1/2 avocado

dear lord I ate nearly a pound of mushrooms today.  And an entire spaghetti squash, it was a pretty small one. Only yielded about 2 cups.   No wonder I feel full. It's amazing how much food you can eat when it's not crap. 

For the most part, yes. I live with my husband and we have his 8 year old every other week.  If I cook dinner and put it on the table he/they will eat what I cook and for the most part they like it!!! However this week I am working 8am-8pm which means I take three meals a day to the office with me and  hubby will have to fend for himself.   

I tell him he is welcome to eat anything in the fridge at any  time  and I always offer to pack him lunch and sometimes he will say yes. Sometimes he'll forage thru the fridge for dinner but  more often then not  he opts for drive thru :(   I just fill the fridge with food and hope for the best. There's also some cheese, cold cuts and bread in there for too. 

I wish he'd join me but I cannot complain, he is 100% supportive when I need him to be. 

It's funny because he suggested I go gluten free due to some issues I was having with swollen joints and GI distress...He's a great dad and takes fantastic care of his son, and of me too. Sometimes I wish he'd care for himself half as well as he cares for us.  :(

I spent my childhood and early adulthood with my mom constantly on my case about my weight. She made me count  calories at ten years old and would punish me by not letting me eat dinner...ugh.  I know all too well how pressure just makes you want to dig in your heels further! Where in LA do you live? Im out in the boonies on the edge of town near Angeles Forrest Highway :D

Right now I'm not in L.A. (just don't know how to change my location). When I head back in a few months I'll be downtown (where I'll be working). At the moment I'm on the east coast finishing up law school. 

I'm so sorry about your mom and having to deal with weight related stress/anxiety from an early age. I know that must have been painful, confusing, and rather damaging. I hope that it has lost it's ability to hurt you now that you're older. 

Right now I'm not in L.A. (just don't know how to change my location). 

You can change your location by clicking on your profile picture, then clicking on the green "Edit my Profile" button in the upper right hand corner. Scroll down until you get to the Location field, click in that field to type in your updated location.

Day 2 M 1

Meatballs

Avocado

I know, no veggies but I was running late to get to my Tax appt. :-[

M 2

Jicama

Mushrooms

Cucumber

bell peppers

chicken legs

Mayo

started a lamb curry in the slow cooker for dinner I ended up having today off work but I have to work Saturday now

M 3

Lamb curry

Brussle sprouts

Day 3 M1

chicken sausage

brussle sprouts

M 2

2 chicken legs

bell pepper

cucumber

mushroom

jicama

red leaf lettuce

mayo

this is my new favorite meal. Curry Chicken salad with red bell peppers and jicama!

M 3 

we ordered from a mexican restaurant. They had a special burrito with butternut squash and kale. I added steak to it. I just opened it up and ate the fillings and tossed the tortilla. 

The dinner I had for packed for tonight will be lunch for tomorrow. 

Day 4 M1

1/2 avocado

meatballs

brussel sprouts

M 2

meatballs

red bell pepper

mushrooms

jicama 

mayo

was NOT even hungry by 130. Didn't even feel like eating but I did. No other chance to eat lunch if I skip eating during my break.   Salad wasn't as good as yesterday, didn't have the curry powder this time. Still good. Loving the home made mayo. 

Hoping to get off work early enough to go cook a fresh meal for me and husband.  Just found out I have tue-wed off next week but working the entire weekend. That's fine. I like having weekdays off :)

M 3

My boss got me sick and lunch and breakfast were so big I didn't feel like eating. I had a small handful of almonds (ugh!) and went to bed when I got home. 

Day 5 M 1

2 sausages 

No veggies prepped for breakfast. I was so sick when I woke up I didn't want to deal with food so I just heated up sausage. 

Ido have veggies prepped for lunch, but I figured better eatt hem at lunch when I will want more food. Also, who wants to eat cold peppers and jicama for breakfast.   Not working late tonight, need to go home and cook for tomorrow as it will be a long day at work. wah :( I want to go home and sleep. 

M 2

meatballs

jicama

red bell pepper

mushrooms

red leaf lettuce

mayo

easily 6 cups of veggies. More then made up for breakfast.  So full, don't think I'll need dinner either tonight.  Feel like crap :( 

omg. DISASTER. Total fail.  My throat started feeling sore on Thursday....

Friday  I started feeling REALLY sick...yet still managed to do a decent cookup. 

Saturday--I woke up feeling even worse and still had to work a 12 hour shift (ended up being 14)  So after eating my W30 breakfast I wolfed down an apple fritter because it was sitting there there.  Apparently I was feeling sorry for myself for being sick AND having to work on a weekend.   and? It tasted glorious. I didn't feel guilty, I just enjoyed it and moved on.  I had my nice W30 approved lunch, then for dinner...which I DID have a W30 meal prepared? What did I do? Said "fuck it" and ordered nachos since we had dinner  catered in. sigh. 

Sunday I laid on the couch ALL. DAY. Didn't even feel like eating. :(   NOTHING sounded good. I ended up eating sweet potatoes and nothing else. It was all I could manage to get down.   

Today, Monday, I am still not feeling great and working another 14 hour day. However I am on track 100% for food!

March 3. Day 1 (again)

M 1

kale and egg fritattas (very heavy on the kale)

small avocado

M 2

green curry chicken served over brussels and spaghetti squash

M 3 I have planned

it's sausage and roasted mixed veg. 

crap. That is sausage hubby bought and I realized TOO LATE it  has CHEESE. fml. Day one. Again, tomorrow. Still, not a bad day if the only slip up is a bit of cheese in the sausage.

all in all....still mostly paleo, at least 80% sigh.

I am off work tomorrow and will do big cook up! 

Archived