3/10/14- start date

mlum007

I started eating Paleo on 2/8/14.  I feel good but I want to feel better.   I think this will be great for me.  I do have IBS- so I have removed nightshade vegetables and eggs.   I still need to remove nut but I am waiting until 3/1014.  Right now, I am working out the kinks, still not getting enough fat, and I don't like eating meat off the bone.   I am making better choices.   I will be ready on 3/10/14.

Hi! I am starting my whole30 challenge march 11th. My birthday is the tenth. So that seemed like a good day to start. That is good that you have already started paleo. How is it going so far? How are you feeling? Does it help your IBS? My brother lives with me and we are going to do it together. My brother has some issues with his digestive tract and is hopeful that this way of eating will help him. I am doing it to drop some weight.

Ash

Hi

That is great you are starting with your brother.  I would start after my birthday too. 

I am feeling good.  My IBS is better, still have not prefect but it will get there.   Just going Paleo helped my lose weight, I am sure doing the Whole 30 will benefit us.  My biggest issue is avoiding eggs and nightshade veggies for 90 days.  So I am just focusing on the 1st 30 days. 

Michelle

Hi Michele

I am happy that my brother is going to do this with me. I am glad that your IBS has improved and that you are feeling better. I agree that doing the whole 30 will benefit us. I mean we are making good choices so that will def lead to goods results! I am glad to hear that you have dropped weight on this diet. I am hopeful that I will drop a good amount in the first 30 days and I hope to do it after if I am successful. I had to look up nightshade veggies. I had never heard of them before. Are you avoiding them because of whole30 or have you personally had a bad reaction to them? Wishing you the best on your first whole30 and each leg of your journey!

Ash

Hello

I am following the Autoimmune disease protocol from the book.   It says to avoid eggs, nightshades 90 days and dairy for 30 days.  I hopefully I will be able to eat my favorite foods again.  I am trying not to think about it right now.  Just focusing on the week ahead.  Last night was bad.  I ate a couple girl scout cookies and gummies.  I know this is part of life.  I just hope I can be strong the whole 30 days.  Have a great day.

• 3 weeks later...

It's going pretty good.  I started the 10th and made it thru day 5 when I screwed up and ate some chocolate and nuts that my son left out.  So I am on day 11.  I am feeling good.  This week is crazy, started to work form home.    I am not walking as much as before, trying to find balance.  I am glad I still have zumba and spin class. 

Archived