Whole Foods

cysgr8

I don't buy a lot at whole foods, but that's because I have some really fantastic year round farmers markets in NH. But I found that they are cheaper for coconut aminos than my local store and Whole Foods in Cambridge, MA (near where I work) has pork bellies. I tried their coconut milk last week and I didn't care for it, not as thick and delicious as taste of Thai. I would agree on the guacamole too! In a pinch I've gone and gotten some veges and chicken breast and guacamole for lunch, even before whole 30.

I was thinking I would go seek out some compliant foods that might be more convenience foods to have on hand at work. Soup or things like that that I can have there in case I work really late and don't have a meal. I don't want to rely on a handful of nuts for things like that.

Anyone found anything worthwhile?

Do you have a freezer at work? We have a little dorm room freezer in our office and I always keep a few soups and other morsels on hand. I think I have some beef jerky and a baggie of sardines frozen for emergencies. Yes, my co-workers are so puzzled by me. :)

I was thinking I would go seek out some compliant foods that might be more convenience foods to have on hand at work. Soup or things like that that I can have there in case I work really late and don't have a meal. I don't want to rely on a handful of nuts for things like that.

Anyone found anything worthwhile?

How about Primal Pacs? I just ordered a few for occasional grab and go use when I don't want to or cannot bring a cooler for food. The small ones are $3.50 and the large ones $7. Vacuum packed and fairly long shelf-life. The large one (or two small ones) have 480 calories in a mix of jerky, nuts and dried fruit. Not an everyday go to item, but it's comparable in price to a fast food lunch your coworker might buy, but so much better for you to have. :)

http://www.primalpacs.com/order.php

I never thought about liking Whole Foods on facebook! The closest one to me is about 40 minutes away. I just liked them, saw their flyer and found out they have grass fed ground beef at 3.99/lb till tomorrow! I love these forums :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I never thought about liking Whole Foods on facebook! The closest one to me is about 40 minutes away. I just liked them, saw their flyer and found out they have grass fed ground beef at 3.99/lb till tomorrow! I love these forums :wub:

Our sale price is 4.99 Where do you live?

I love Whole Foods! I do all my shopping there. The employees there are super helpful. When I was stocking up for Day One of W30, one of the guys there helped me find a couple of items I couldn't locate myself. He even gave me two hugs! Now that's service. I mean, seriously, have you ever been hugged by your grocer? :)

Archived