Maiden Voyage

Jobug

Going to start my first Whole30 on Sunday March 2 (strategically chosen).    

I have just finished "It Starts with Food" and I feel like Rocky when he reached the top of the steps in Philly.  

I cant wait to dig in and asking for all the helpful hints, tips, comment and RECIPES.

PLEASE SHARE!

Congratulations! The thing that worked for me was to plan my meals for the week. I searched for recipes from The Clothes Make The Girl and Nom Nom Paleo and then made may shopping list and went shopping. I made sure I had some quick and easy recipes for those days when I didn't want to cook. The next thing is to read every label before you use the ingredient. Did you know they put soy in tuna and tea? You don't want to find out on day 10 that you ate a non compliant ingredient that calls for a restart. Another tip is make large meals, many people don't eat enough like 1 egg and an apple for breakfast. You need to eat as many eggs as you can hold in your hand plus 2 - 3 cups of vegetables and compliant fat for meal 1. It will feel odd at first but then your body will get used to it. Try not to snack if you can but the first week can be really tough so don't be too hard on yourself. If you eat large meals you won't be as tempted to snack. This forum is a great place for tips and advise so post your questions as they come to you and someone will answer them. Good Luck!

da da dada daa dada  DA da da...(yes, Rocky song playing loudly here!)  I think you possess the keys to your success.  Some are revealed in your post:   You have positive attitude, you have "the book learnin'" behind you and you are solidly set to gain support from others.  It should be a wonderful 30 days!  Yes, peruse those two fabulous sites (and their books and Nom nom's app!) as well as considering your own well-known and established recipes for those that are - by golly- compliant(!) or those that could be tweaked to remain so.  During my first W30 I found that there was much ease when I could whip up a meal without much thought.  Hope you are a list maker- it seemed to really help me.  There are also many, many resources on the web to help along the way.  I have been happily surprised how quickly the moderators here jump in (often within the hour!) to point folks in the right direction, share resources, etc....  March should be a great month!  GG

Archived