Nursing Mama here!

Hello!   If you look below, you'll see my lament about milk supply.  I just don't get it since I eat a ton. 

Keep eating.  Lots and lots.  :)  If you find any food that seem to be milk boosters (that are allowed on Whole 30), please share.  :) 

Hope you get some extra energy from Whole 30.  That's why I came back for another round!

Hey there! I'm on day 16. Nursing my 10 month old. I did notice my supply took a dip around day 3-4. I've started drinking Mother's Milk tea at least once a day. It helps. My supply is coming back. If you feel hungry, eat! :) There's been a few nights I've had to hop out of bed & find food before going to sleep. It's not easy growing a little person. 

I started today and am nursing my 9 month old. She's a peanut and isn't eating tons of solids yet, and I'm trying to plump her up best I can, so supply is definitely important!!

From past experience, amount of food and carb intake seem to be the deciding factors. There also seems to be a somewhat unavoidable supply drop sometime in the first week.

Nutritional yeast and fenugreek, as well as mother's milk type teas, are good ideas. 

Hi! I am on day 3 of my second W30, and am breastfeeding my 9 1/2 month old babe.  

Is anyone in this thread interested in keeping in touch through the forum as a buddy?  Or a little group?  I don't have many loved ones who are into paleo, and would love to check in regularly on goals, etc.  I have the whole paleo thing nailed down, but need accountability with snacking!  And a couple other lifestyle changes, like relaxation, fun, etc.  

I found that my supply stayed super awesome through my first W30 in August, but I had oversupply at the time.  

Interestingly, I got a stomach bug on Day 1 (Monday)!  Ha!  I am still recovering...eating mostly sweet potatoes, broth, and poached chicken...in addition to kombucha and ginger tea.  My supply seems to have dipped a bit but my babe is happy.  

Archived