W30 with a wisdom tooth surgery!

MellyD

Hey everyone,

I am currently on day 9 of my first whole 30, and am going to be having my wisdom teeth pulled during the plan. I am basically freaking out knowing that for at least a day or two, I wont be able to eat the foods I have been used to (steaks, raw veggies, etc.) because I am a giant baby and will be afraid to rupture the stitches! :(

Anyone have any suggestions to get through this without starving and/or going off plan? I know my boyfriend survived off of smoothies, but knowing what I know now, that's waaaaay too much sugar.

Help!

Are you going to actually have stitches? I had one wisdom tooth pulled and got stitches, and another pulled a year later without stitches - Healing was much quicker and easier for the one with stitches, despite the hassle of having to go back to get them removed. I also felt a lot more comfortable eating having stitches, vs not. Also, are you getting multiple teeth pulled and if so, will they be on both sides of your mouth? If it's only on one side of your mouth, you can always chew on the other side.

I vote for soups as well. Make sure all the veggies are cooked down soft, and you can use ground meat in them, which should be nice and soft as well.

Thank you guys!! I will be having the 2 upper ones pulled and one hasn't erupted from the gum yet, so I will definitely be needing stitches for the left side. Either way it will be both sides of my mouth :( .

I'm so nervous! I've never made soup, but will have to look up some tasty recipes now!

Thanks again!

Well Fed Soups are very popular. If you get a "samey" taste from recipes, they're often "stuff" cooked in water until soft. You can also take cooked stuff, blend it and add stock until it's thin enough. If it gets stuck in your teeth, run it through a sieve or blend with an immersion blender.

Archived