Starting on March 1st. 2014

EmmySkimmy

I have decided to make a commitment to start the Whole30 on March 1st this year (2014). I will use the next two days to get prepared and to plan my meals. I suffer from allergies, Lymes disease, depression, overweight, and joint pain. I am looking for something to give me some relief. I would love to feel good most of the time instead of having a few days a month that I feel good. I do work out with a personal trainer twice a week for the past two months and once a week on my own and 4-5 long walks (ca 7km). I have a really bad sugar additiction and I know if I could just break that and cut it out along with grains, I will feel better and drop a lot of weight. Even though I need and want to lose weight, my main goal is to feel better.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting March 1st, too! Having the desire to change is the first step! Congrats... and keep us all posted on your progress! There are a few of us in another thread who are also starting March 1st, so let's hold each other accountable and always stay positive!

GOOD LUCK! :D

We CAN and we WILL!   You're worth it Emmy - as are we all.

I gave up wheat for good a couple of months ago and the arthritis that was showing up in a couple of my fingers, and becoming really painful, is GONE.  Well, the pain is gone - I still have one lumpy thumb joint, but I can live with that.  :)

That was enough for me to be able to say no to the wheaty things that pass under my nose. 

Feeling good and being healthy is number one for me, too!  Weight loss is secondary.  I've been skinny and not so healthy before - not my preference at all now.

Good luck to us!

Hopefully I won't disappoint everyone too much with this news; I'm now planning to start on the 2nd instead of tomorrow.

Good luck and I hope you get to a W30 the day before I do.

We'll see you tomorrow, Homer! :)

I have been thinking about starting soon and this morning I got up and without thinking I made a batch of mayo and had a compliant breakfast within an hour of getting out of bed. So it looks as though I am starting today too.

I saved my daily emails when I did my first W30 so I'll make sure I read those as I go along. 

Good luck - I am in UK and just cooking supper and planning on an early night as I went for a 4 mile walk today and I am  very tired. 

I am doing Day 0 today!! Weighing & measurements done. Grocery shopping done. Cleaned out my pantry and fridge for the most part- my husband refuses to let me throw some things out. And will start preparing some of the make ahead foods I can and already have my meals planned for the week. Also ordered Well Fed and It Starts with Food to help me out. Good luck to all and I am so glad to be joining o many people! This will be my first W30 and I am so ready to change for the better.

I am doing Day 0 today!! Weighing & measurements done. Grocery shopping done. Cleaned out my pantry and fridge for the most part- my husband refuses to let me throw some things out. And will start preparing some of the make ahead foods I can and already have my meals planned for the week. Also ordered Well Fed and It Starts with Food to help me out. Good luck to all and I am so glad to be joining o many people! This will be my first W30 and I am so ready to change for the better.

I would also recommend signing up for the daily emails as they really helped me on my first Whole30. Get them now so you are in sync as they tell you what to expect and what to look forward to. 

Here's the link

https://daily.whole9life.com/

Good luck with your prep and have a great day tomorrow 

I'm in too! I'm actually doing the autoimmune protocol and freaking out a little bit about 30 full days, but made it through day 1 now and it included making a birthday cake and the party for my stepson and I made it through that just fine. One day at a time.

Woo Hoo!!! Whole 30 #1, Day #1 was great! Made a huge batch of delectable Tom Kha Gung soup from Swiss Paleo. Am freezing half of it for emergency meals later. 

Hope to achieve my goals of healing a 3-year wrist injury and consistently sleeping soundly. Also want to increase energy and minimize moodiness :)

So excited to be on this journey with you guys & can't wait to see our awesome results!!!

Coming late to the party, but I started March 1, too! I'm in Australia, so I'm almost through my second day, and I'm feeling pretty good! Just did a big breakfast/lunch protein cook up - seasoned ground beef, pork steaks, shredded chicken, and boiled eggs - which I divided up into single portions. Hopefully this will last me the week, as long as husband doesn't steal too much! Now to put my feet up and relax for a bit.

Hope you've all had a good Day 1. :D

Day 2 has started well for me here in UK. My walk yesterday combined with Day 1 sees me aching all over and feeling fluey. I had some full caffeine black coffee (yesterday was caffeine free) and I feel a little better. I have now had 4 compliant meals in a row with one snack of apple with cashew butter (not compliant but way way better than what I have been eating over the past several weeks). 

It's wet and grey here so I am having an indoor day with the cat, my books and a couple of DVDs. 

Have fun and stay strong :)

Hi.  I started on March 1st too and this is my first Whole30.   I have an underactive thyroid, high blood pressure and am overweight.  I have been gradually building up to starting on the Whole30 and haven't eaten grains in over 3 weeks.  So far I am thoroughly enjoying it and spent the weekend with two friends who enjoyed all the meals I have been cooking.  On Saturday evening I cooked a thai prawn curry and coconut cauliflower rice with a spinach and mango salad and we had poached egg, smoked salmon with avocado and spinach salad for brunch.  Today I roasted a chicken and had that with sweet potato and a mixed green salad.  Tomorrow I will be making some dishes with the rest of the chicken and making a chicken bone broth.  Good Luck to everyone else who started on the 1st.

Day 3!

Well I breezed through Day 1 & 2 and it was a weekend! Awesome. Feeling lighter, stomach is not as bloated. I don't have that food hanger feeling in the morning when I woke up today.

Fantastic that I don't have any cravings and I am actually not hungry! I am not obssessing about FOOD. The fact that I can have fruit is the key I think.

Joint pain has decreased yesterday and today.

One little thing...I guess I am getting stuff out of my system..but wowhoo the gas...not very lady like I must say.

So on Day 1, Saturday. I went on a 12 hour road trip with a friend, we drove 3hrs up to Ikea, were in Ikea for 6 hrs and then the 3 hr trip back. She is super skinny and eats what ever she wants, but it honestly didn't bother me that she ate, cakes and cookies and sandwiches and curry and drank Coke Zero. I had a bag packed with veggies, fruits, hard boiled eggs, and chicken breast to munch on, a liter of water to drink and I had a salad with smoked salmon and no dressing on it when we sat down for dinner. I felt really good. 

Sunday is traditional morning pancake day in our house. I made half plain and half with wild blueberries we pick ourselves. I also always make a blueberry sauce as well. My husband and two kiddos love them! I was so proud that I didn't touch any of if, didn't even lick my finger when some batter got on it.

We also sat down to a lovely garlic roasted pork for Sunday dinner, and I was in a really good mood yesterday. I think my family will be happier with me on this new way of eating as well :-)

Crock pot lame will be waiting for me when I come home from work today.

The only thing I am worried about is that any time I have started something the first 3-4 days go swimmingly smooth, and then I some how lose controll around day 4-5...so I'm sure that tomorrow and/or the next 2-3 days will be when the challenge sets in. But I am ready. I think...

I spent a good part of the day yesterday buying produce at the organic market and prepping it all - cooked spinach, broccoli, asparagus, and chicken, prepped radishes, celery, lettuce and massaged some kale. Salad-based meals should be easy. Have a bunch of servings of AIP adapted crackslaw in the fridge for breakfasts. Need to read Well Fed 2 ASAP to figure out some AIP sauces that could pull these ingredients into meals...

I started my Whole 30 on March 1 also!  I woke up this morning (on Day 3) with a bit of a headache and joined the forum to search around to see whether taking Excedrin was ok, and was excited to see a whole thread of folks starting on the same day as me.  I wasn't successful with the Excedrin question, but but after reading my Day 3 email I'm wondering if the headache isn't detox releated and not due to the big storm headed to the east coast today as I had originally suspected. 

Looks like I wasnt the only one that thought starting on the first day of a month with 30 days in it made counting a little easier.

Archived