Starting on March 1st. 2014

EmmySkimmy

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'd be happy to continue as a group post w30. I'm not planning to have a post w30 log of my own once I finally do ride my bike (i don't think), but it would be nice to have a place to check in with all y'all now and again. What do you think?

I'm in!  I heart you guys and would love your company!  :wub:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I'd be happy to continue as a group post w30. I'm not planning to have a post w30 log of my own once I finally do ride my bike (i don't think), but it would be nice to have a place to check in with all y'all now and again. What do you think?

I like!

Day 1 Reintroduction- Dairy

I put cheese on my eggs this morning, and ew. I'm trying hard to finish my eggs so I at least get a full serving, but I really don't like it. I'm getting nauseated just from the texture. And I'm surprised to find that cheese is sweet and bitter. I used to put cheese on everything, but ew ew ew. 

I sautéed my broccoli in regular, full fat butter, and that was tasty. But, I get the same flavor from ghee, so I'll just keep using that for everything.

I don't have a plan for the rest of the day yet. I was going to use milk, but I think it's turned. My husband bought it a week ago or so. I haven't had milk in so long (I used almond before this for several years because I've always hated milk, except in things) that I no longer know what the normal smell of milk is. It just smells sour. Another ew ew ew for the books. Oh well, I'm only testing dairy for chocolate and ice cream anyway. And pizza. But that's gluten AND dairy, so that'll have to wait til after the reintro phase.

Nope, I can't do it. The eggs are gross. To the ratties they go!

Day 1:

Down 1.5 pounds. I'll take it!

I was all set to have (grass fed) yogurt with yummy organic blueberries this am, but - ew - the yogurt was spoiled.  I washed the ick off my blueberries and had them plain.  THEY were wonderful.  Glad I brought my backup eggs to work with me!  Breakfast was saved.  heh

I had cream in my coffee this am, and again in a cup of tea after lunch.  SO suprised to find it was just meh.  I was *so* looking forward to the real deal, and then was wholly uninspired.  And felt kind of "heavy" after.  Feh and grrrr.

M & D - you were right - this IS frickin' life-changing.  :lol:

I added some shredded parmigiano-reggiano to my homemade chicken "cacciatore" at lunchtime (in quotes, 'cuz it's really just a slow-and-low-cooked chicken stew with a tomato base (arrabbiata sauce - yum!)).  It was pretty tasty, but not really necessary.  I'll keep that on my "sometimes" list.

I walked up to the market at lunchtime and got another little yogurt, just to try.  It probably won't work out, since I've noticed issues with yogurt and feeling bloaty even before W30.

Gonna have a little cube of Kerrygold cheese at dinner and saute some mushrooms in a little butter.

And that will be that.

Have a great day, everyone!

Day 2 of reintro for me and to avoid upsetting the mods I am putting a link to my thread on the reintro page. 

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/17903-sharyns-reintro-diary-starting-31-march/

But no reactions so far and W30 compliance planned for today. 

Onwards!!!

P.S.  If you all want to come join me on my thread then we can stay buddies over there :)

I too started a reintro thread but I much prefer to stay here with you guys.  I don't understand why that would be a problem? 

I find it really interesting that the foods removed during W30 are less appealing than we expect.

Well, I did really enjoy the butter I had this morning, but I felt saturated with just a little bit, and I'm purposefully challenging with decent quantities to make sure I tolerate it.  

If we do have to move from here, maybe we make a March1 W30 thread in the reintroductions area for all of us?

Archived