seriously how much fat??

I think we are guilty of not enough fat at some meals...if we fry our steak, chicken, eggs, and vegetables in fat, we don't eat any fat along with our meal...sounds like that is incorrect.

It's something to play with. Steak and eggs have fat built in, so you're getting fat there. You are also getting some, not all, of the cooking fat, as I stated above. 

The goal is for meals to satiate you for at least 4-5 hours. If that's not happening, or if you don't have the energy you'd like, try adding a fat (e.g., guacamole, homemade mayo, olives) and see if that improves your satiety and/or energy.  

Thanks, Chris!  So far I am getting hungry at about 4 to 5 hours, so I am doing well, and will add fat if needed.  I have to keep telling myself this is not a "diet" in the sense we have to obsess about eating too much.

I was thinking about things this morning, and how, back when I was a kid, my mom cooked bacon in a cast iron skillet, removed the bacon to drain on a paper towel, and fried the eggs in the bacon grease without draining first.  So good, and frying the eggs in ghee brought back that memory because they taste so good fried this way.

Thanks, Chris!  So far I am getting hungry at about 4 to 5 hours, so I am doing well, and will add fat if needed.  I have to keep telling myself this is not a "diet" in the sense we have to obsess about eating too much.

I was thinking about things this morning, and how, back when I was a kid, my mom cooked bacon in a cast iron skillet, removed the bacon to drain on a paper towel, and fried the eggs in the bacon grease without draining first.  So good, and frying the eggs in ghee brought back that memory because they taste so good fried this way.

Mmm that sounds delicious, I think I might try that this weekend!

Archived