March 10 .. a whole new food world

eledhel

After too many years of food cravings and obsession, infertility, PCOS, inability to lose weight, water retention, acid reflux etc etc and thousands of pounds spent on weight watchers, slimming world, lighter life, herbalife, cabbage diet, 3 day diet, gastric balloon and hypnotherapy plus many more I decided it was time for a change, particularly as I am getting married again next year and this time I don't want to look like a dog's dinner!

After googling low carb I stumbled across this gem of a website and BOOM, I knew I had to do this

March 10 is the start date (as it's my partner's birthday on 7th and I need to psych him up to the changes as he's offered to join me)

Already cutting down on carbs so I'm hoping it won't be too much of a culture shock......

• Moderators

Welcome. But please know the Whole30 is not a low-carb diet. You can eat lots of starchy vegetables for your carbs - sweet potato, butternut squash, beets, carrots, etc. Most people need some carbs to feel good and you do not have to eat low carb in order to lose weight.

sorry, I should have been more specific - I'm already cutting down/out bread/pasta/rice/beans etc, there's still plenty of good fresh veg going on in my diet

The dairy is going to be one of the hardest things but I'm already looking into making almond and coconut milk

For my partner the worst will be cutting out bread, potatoes and diet coke!

I am starting on 3/10 also.  My friends and I always have a daylight savings happy hour so I have to wait until that is over.  I am very excited to complete a Whole30.  I eat fairly well as it is, but I eat more processed foods than I would like.  I think the most challenging thing for me will be to cut legumes from my diet. I eat black beans and lentils quite often and I am sure that when the 30 days are over that will be my first choice of foods.  I also LOVE chips/salsa and most anything mexican..and popcorn. So I guess this will be some work.  But I do love fruits and veggies and nuts. We recently went back to getting our veggies from a CSA and our garden so I have been eating lots of yummy stuff and I think that reminded me how much I enjoy eating well.

It is nice you have a partner in this and I will follow your journey as I will be on it too.

Thanks

Cat

Hi! My brother is going to do this with me. I haven't been able to convince my hubby to join me but I am hoping that our example and results will motivate my husband to join us too! My birthday is march 10th so I am going to start the 11th. Going shopping Monday and organizing my pantry and fridge so all the food I can eat is in one place. I wish I could throw out everything I can't eat but my hubby still needs to eat something. :)

I'm like that Ashsmile - although my partner has said he will do this with me I know that there's going to have to be some sliced bread and oven chips in the freezer on stand by!

I shall have mixed feelings when I throw out my baking ingredients ... I think any kind of baking, even after whole 30, might be off the list for good as the price of almond flour here in the uk is prohibitive :( even almonds, for grinding my own flour, are a ridiculous price

catruff - good luck :) perhaps the thought of someone else at the same point in the journey can help us be strong!

Archived