Debbie's First W30 (My daughter made me do it!)

Debbie Beck

Day 30

Woke up this morning with another headache. I have struggled with periodic headaches prior to W30 and I've had a few during W30 as well.

By mid morning, I had a VERY loose BM and rather annoying stomach cramps.

M1: typical egg scramble: eggs, sausage, onions, mushrooms, spinach

My morning headache escalated to a full blown migraine by noon. Went home to lay down in a dark place with ice on my head.

M2: Lara Bar (emergency meal since I would likely throw up if I ate anything heavier)

M3: roasted chicken thigh, sweet potato w/clarified butter, roasted asparagus

Boo for migraine....is this the first since the W30? And it subsided within a few hours, right?

Boo for migraine....is this the first since the W30? And it subsided within a few hours, right?

I've had a couple of mild headaches during the month, but this was the first full on migraine. I took a 2 hour lunch and then really had to return to the office. The headache had pulled back some and I was still suffering, but more like it was earlier that morning. After work, I did NOT go to the gym, obviously, and I made dinner and went straight to rest for the evening.  This morning, my head is fine, thankfully. BUT I had pretty bad stomach cramps again along with diarrhea.  How can I start re-intro if I already have digestive issues and headaches? No way to tell what would cause the distress: added dairy or ongoing issues.  This is not what I hoped for. But I weighed myself this morning and I lost 5 pounds over 30 days.  My Dear Hubby, of course, lost 10. Sheesh.

I've had a couple of mild headaches during the month, but this was the first full on migraine. I took a 2 hour lunch and then really had to return to the office. The headache had pulled back some and I was still suffering, but more like it was earlier that morning. After work, I did NOT go to the gym, obviously, and I made dinner and went straight to rest for the evening.  This morning, my head is fine, thankfully. BUT I had pretty bad stomach cramps again along with diarrhea.  How can I start re-intro if I already have digestive issues and headaches? No way to tell what would cause the distress: added dairy or ongoing issues.  This is not what I hoped for. But I weighed myself this morning and I lost 5 pounds over 30 days.  My Dear Hubby, of course, lost 10. Sheesh.

5 lbs is perfectly acceptable....more than 1 lb a week. Men always lose faster than women. I would put off reintroductions until you feel better. Is it possible you are coming down with something? Did you eat anything out of the normal in the past few days? 

5 lbs is perfectly acceptable....more than 1 lb a week. Men always lose faster than women. I would put off reintroductions until you feel better. Is it possible you are coming down with something? Did you eat anything out of the normal in the past few days? 

I'm not at all disappointed with the 5 pounds. Just pointing out how THAT MAN who decided on the morning of my W30 Day 1 that he was going to do it too, and who never read the book ISWF, and who didn't even keep 100% compliant, and who typically has the most unhealthy diet of anyone, and who is never overweight, lost twice as much weight.  He now weighs 2 lbs less than I do. Not cool.

Aside from that, I really don't feel like I'm coming down with anything and to answer a previous suggestion about adrenal function, I had a complete blood workup and full exam about 30 days before starting W30 (everything was well within normal ranges). The only thing I've eaten different this week is crushed red peppers on a roasted chicken recipe that my daughter suggested. Made that on Monday and again on Wednesday. I had gastric distress on Wednesday (last night) and Thursday morning (today). Perhaps crushed red peppers are not my friend?

I'm not at all disappointed with the 5 pounds. Just pointing out how THAT MAN who decided on the morning of my W30 Day 1 that he was going to do it too, and who never read the book ISWF, and who didn't even keep 100% compliant, and who typically has the most unhealthy diet of anyone, and who is never overweight, lost twice as much weight.  He now weighs 2 lbs less than I do. Not cool.

Aside from that, I really don't feel like I'm coming down with anything and to answer a previous suggestion about adrenal function, I had a complete blood workup and full exam about 30 days before starting W30 (everything was well within normal ranges). The only thing I've eaten different this week is crushed red peppers on a roasted chicken recipe that my daughter suggested. Made that on Monday and again on Wednesday. I had gastric distress on Wednesday (last night) and Thursday morning (today). Perhaps crushed red peppers are not my friend?

You might be sensitive to nightshades. Do you eat peppers, tomatoes, eggplant frequently? I know I personally can't handle bell pepper at all but a pinch of crushed red pepper is usually fine in a multi serving recipe and tomatoes are touch and go for me. Perhaps eliminate nightshades during your reintroduction period and then try reintroducing them at the end and see how it goes.

You might be sensitive to nightshades. Do you eat peppers, tomatoes, eggplant frequently? I know I personally can't handle bell pepper at all but a pinch of crushed red pepper is usually fine in a multi serving recipe and tomatoes are touch and go for me. Perhaps eliminate nightshades during your reintroduction period and then try reintroducing them at the end and see how it goes.

Tomatoes are never a problem for me and bell peppers of all colors are fine too.  Crushed red pepper flakes are something I usually avoid just because I don't generally like them.  Hubby puts them all over pizza and for me that's just CRIMINAL! ;-)  I've never heard the term "nightshades" before.  Google to the rescue.

Tomatoes are never a problem for me and bell peppers of all colors are fine too.  Crushed red pepper flakes are something I usually avoid just because I don't generally like them.  Hubby puts them all over pizza and for me that's just CRIMINAL! ;-)  I've never heard the term "nightshades" before.  Google to the rescue.

You could just never have crushed red pepper again. Or when you feel better try it again and see if you get the same symptoms. And I agree...crushed red pepper on pizza is criminal!

Archived