Panera... sneaky, sneaky Panera

jmill3

I am on day 19.  I thought it might be a great day to treat myself to a meal out at lunch.  I work for myself and sometimes I get a little tired of the home office.  I stumbled upon the "hidden menu" at Panera Bread which consisted of what looked like, Whole 30 compliant meals...   or rather one... The Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad. 

If you have a Panera bakery/cafe near you I suggest you use this nifty little online tool I found to determine if you will have a successful whole30 meal...  

http://paneranutrition.com/

Once I drilled into their "Hidden Menu"... "Power meal" options.... I found that all of the proteins (chicken, turkey, steak) are cooked with canola oil.   Yep...   I about punched my laptop in the face.   Luckily I did this research before heading out to lunch.... but the overwhelming sound of air escaping the big balloon that was going to be my afternoon has left me.... darn near weeping.  

I suppose I will just have to suck it up...   ask for them to swap the turkey with eggs...   All in all it will still be a lunch that I DON'T HAVE TO COOK MYSELF!   That in and of itself is a win.  

Hope this helps anyone out there who lives near a panera location and just needs to eat a lunch away from home... FOR ONCE! 

Canola oil isn't forbidden on a Whole30. It's allowed specifically in the case of dining out, as many restaurants cook with canola oil.

The non-compliant ingredient in this dish, however, is the pepperoncini, as they contain sulfites. So to make this entree compliant, get it without the pepperoncini.

I would also suggest bringing along a compliant dressing.

• 3 months later...

Canola oil isn't forbidden on a Whole30. It's allowed specifically in the case of dining out, as many restaurants cook with canola oil.

The non-compliant ingredient in this dish, however, is the pepperoncini, as they contain sulfites. So to make this entree compliant, get it without the pepperoncini.

I would also suggest bringing along a compliant dressing.

I followed this and got that salad without the pepperoncini, so i hope this is okay!!!!

I looked online first, and this forum is my first stop in food planning :).  I found the salad on here before leaving home, and then went out to eat.

Sometimes when I try to do my own homework, I overlook something (like soy in a dressing).   :(

Archived