TJs Whole30 Life change. March 2014

tj2650

Ok this AM I had I egg on a spinach and kale stir fry with mushrooms over a white sweet potato hash brown. I ended with 10 grapes, 8 dried cranberries, 10 cashews, and tablespoon of coconut.

7 vials of blood tests later I hope we are closer to some answers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally I have a small bowl of fruit or have some fruit in a sauce, but minimal fruit in my diet. It feels weird to feel ashamed of eating healthy fresh fruit, and yet here we are. I feel ashamed.

You shouldn't feel ashamed for eating anything. What you choose to eat may make your more healthy or less healthy but it has no impact on who you are as a person. Yes we recommend reducing your fruit intake on a Whole30 especially if you are experiencing a lot of sugar cravings and we recommend not to snack on fruit. But, if you don't follow those recommendations it does not make you a bad person and you shouldn't feel ashamed about it. Personally I find it easier to make decisions about the food I eat when I realize that whatever choice I make I'm still the same person I was before I made the choice. Does this make sense?

Just finished eating and got slammed with overwhelming nausea!!! Guess I spoke too soon about Timmy issues. :(

Hopefully this too shall pass.

Of the things you listed you ate I'd suspect the nuts as the possible source of the tummy issues. Trying to connect the dots between our symptoms and our food is part of this process and definitely the reason to keep a food log. Keep on keeping on! 

OMG!!!  So weird, my posts for the past 2 days are missing, its like I only did them in my sleep which I know I did not.  :(

That explains alot because I was expecting some responses, since I am going through what I would describe as emotional hell. 

I also went for tests yesterday.

I am WAY too lazy to write down everything I ate, felt or did, all over again. Especially since it is a pain in the A&^ on my phone and well, I have a VERY bad headache today.

So lets just say, it is not all sunshine and roses and leave it at that for today.

Stress and a Whole30 is not a great combination... 

See ya tomorrow.

Good Morning World..

We are back to terrible headaches.

Today I just had a couple hard boiled eggs, white sweet potato hashbrown, and 1/2 avocado for breaky.

Lots of stress in my life right now, so not much up for talking right now.

Good Morning World..

We are back to terrible headaches.

Today I just had a couple hard boiled eggs, white sweet potato hashbrown, and 1/2 avocado for breaky.

Lots of stress in my life right now, so not much up for talking right now.

Sending you some good vibes. Stress definitely takes a toll on all aspects of our health. Be kind to yourself and seek out stress reducers. What are the things that make you feel calm and relaxed?

Ok, if anyone is reading this I need some problem solving...

So I made this for supper:

http://meatified.com/paleo-alfredo/

Served it on spaghetti squash, not the noodles in the recipe.

Problem is shortly after I finished eating I got slammed with a massive headache, and now my face is flushed and I am ever so itchy.

I used Ghee, which I have used before.

I used Coconut milk that was canned and only indicates coconut milk, no preservatives and used only the cream part.

I used chicken stock that I had made.

I used pancetta instead of bacon.

I also added some shrimp and scallops, which I had eaten half the bag before so cannot understand how this could have resulted in this type of reaction.

It was really yummy.. But clearly I am reacting to something...

Since i have been eating shaved coconut, I would assume it is not the coconut milk, but I am open to ideas.  Please note I cannot retrieve the can since I opened this container a few days ago.

So very itchy right now....

Hmmm...so really nothing in the recipe was new to you? Very strange. It is possible it was a reaction from something you ate previously in the day or some for the food was off in some way. I wish I had more ideas. If nobody else chimes in you might want to post something in the troubleshooting section to see if that gets more hits. Sorry I'm not super helpful on this and I hope you feel better soon. :( 

Today is the first day where I noticed I don't have abdominal pain and I haven't taken my avid reducer for 3 days.

Also no headache and a little energy returning.

I have a back injury. Do you think Pilates or Yoga will be a safe way to start adding back excercises?? Last time I tried Zumba but it just aggravated the injury.

Not writing what I ate today because it was mostly leftovers. Did not eat anymore of last nights meal. Was thinking it may have been the spaghetti squash as it was only my second time eating it and sometimes allergies need multiple exposures.

Pilates or yoga can be great for a back injury, strengthening the core can really help. But definitely make sure you check out the instructor, choose a slower less intense class, and speak to the instructor about your injury beforehand so they can give you modifications.

I got next to no sleep last night.

So I packed a bunch of odds and sods and I am going to prove to myself this can be done when you hardly want to cook.

Breaky will be leftovers from last night.

Lunch will be pork chop, a sweet potato with a little cranberries and cashews, and a side salad and possibly some olives.

I am stressing about something I have little to no control over and I am trying to break the cycle in my head.  I also think this AM I need ot take my acid reducer, as my abdomen is sore again.

TJ

On the exercise with a back injury I agree with khhdesign but I would also talk to your doctor about it if you are seeing someone. 

On the stress my friend shared a story with me the other day that might be helpful. They had a bunch of helium balloons and had tied a couple of their son's small toys to them but not enough to weight them down. She told him not to let go or the toys would be gone. He did and they were. The story came up as an example of teaching him consequences, but than she said something about doing that exercise with the things we have no control over. I liked it a lot as I am someone that also continuously goes over things I have no control over in my head. So try envisioning those things tied to a bunch of balloons and letting it go. Repeat the exercise until it sticks. Maybe actually do it. Write everything down, tie it to a balloon and let it go. Or burn it in a fire. Whatever works for you.

I'm sorry your abdomen is sore again. I'm wondering if stress plays a bigger role in this than food choices do. I have found a shot of raw apple cider vinegar helps me a lot when I have heart burn symptoms and upset stomach. Acid reducers are generally counter productive in the long run because usually the symptoms come from low stomach acid not high stomach acid. You may want to look into digestive enzymes as well if you have not already.

Well my blood sugar fell too far today on account of a migraine and nausea. So I had to drink some OJ to get it stabilized. It was compliant with no added sugars or preservatives and about 20 minutes later my body thanked me as I went from pain so bad I felt the need to goto hospital to tolerable headache discomfort.

My body continues to improve as today I almost had what I would consider normal bowl movements (formed), which I hAvent had in months.

Outside the OJ today was 100% compliant.

I wish I was a doctor.  I see my results because I have access to them, but I do not think they give any answer, only more questions.  They are not normal, but normal people could also have these results.

I was hoping for answers and now I have to wait longer to speak with my doctor.

I need to clean my house today, everything STINKS...

Going to do an easy day because I have to do groceries.

ON I go... 

Ok TMI post!!!

Today I had a normal bowel movement!!!!

I have not taken my acid reducers for almost 1 week!!

Still in a lot of pain but I am sure we will figure that out soon!

Time to celebrate the small victories!!!

OMG!!! I have made it 20 days...  That includes a 3 day trip out of town.. I packed up a head of time, got  a hotel with a full kitchen, and stuck to my guns with my family!!!

YAY!!!  I rock...

Pain is still there but gastro intestinal issues are almost completely gone...

Hopefully we can find a way to work on the pain.. As I stated before next step is to get courageous enough to try Yoga.

TJ

Its crazy how fast life gets away on your once you get into a pattern...  For those of you worried, no issues I am at 25 days and going strong.

Until my health issues are resolved there is no plan for stopping.

Have a great day.

TJ

Ok, hit a rough morning today... not sure what to make for breakfast. :(

Little tired of sweet potato hash or hashbrowns with eggs.  No left overs to nibble on in the fridge... GaH!!!

I knew this phase of the journey was coming, I just think it sucks... 

On my last two days... I thought that I was actually doing MUCH better.. Went 6 days with minimal to no pain.. Then today hit... EVERY part of my body hurts.

I am going to move forward with these dietary restrictions... Maybe I am just working my way through.

Funny how life is... 

On we go...

Tammy

I wish I had some definitive answers for you. Anything in your food log that might indicate a compliant food that is a trigger? Anything lifestyle wise that might have been the trigger? Definitely keep trucking. I think for you keeping a pretty good paper journal of food and lifestyle things might be helpful in finding your answers though for sure.

Archived