Are you doing your Whole30 with your kids?

CaseyD

Anyone else out there planning on doing the August Whole30 with their children? I'm trying to get up the guts to basically tell my husband (who is very non-paleo) what's up and that I'm putting our 2 year old on the Whole30 with me. The very hardest part of this would be the dairy, which I'm pretty certain is not going to be ok with him. Oh well, perhaps I can reach a very reasonable compromise....

Anyway, I did one in June with a group in the logs section (we have since stayed in contact with FB :-) and it turned out to be such a great way to do a Whole30. I would love to share a log with others again and it would be fabulous to do this with other parents taking their kids along for the ride so we can help each other out on that.

I don't think so. I am divorced and they spend part of the time with their father and step-mother. She is some sort of vegetarian (I think she really just doesn't eat meat but still does dairy, etc) and it would be nearly impossible for me to convince them to do something in their household. Aside from that, breaking their love of chocolate milk and PB&J isn't something I'm willing to contend with! I ate fairly clean before Whole30 and they will continue to eat pretty much how they always have - plenty of clean feeds with some standard kid stuff in there too.

*ducks*

Mine are 7, 9, and 10. I've started to slowly change they're diet, but they are with their Dad at times and school starts soon so it's really only part time. Mostly I reiterate why we choose certain foods over others. I figure they'll get the reasons eventually, and feel better, then hopefully make the good choices on their own. Ps the switch to Almond milk was great!

Not taking my kids along for the ride completely...but hoping to get my almost 13 year old to try new things (more veggies) and take in way less processed foods. I am selfish in that I hope this helps regulate his raging puberty hormones and takes is mood swings down a notch! My 16 month old will eat what I eat, but I'm not ready to completely take away his milk quite yet.

I have a daughter that will be 2 in November. She LOVES milk! I have always bought organic and do not plan to take it away (yet at least). I would like to try giving her the grassfed milk if I can find it. I'm sure it's super expensive though! I definitely plan to feed her what I am eating and since I plan to avoid fast food 100% she will not be getting happy meals (pure crap!). She's going to be eating a lot more fruits, veggies, and clean proteins. I will still give her goldfish crackers and applesauce occasionally.

No. Hubby not interested in adoptimg Paleo diet but will eat much of what I make. I just keep introducing new Paleo foods to reduce the frequency of processed foods in their diet. We have been discussing whole foods and reading ingredient labels too. I also like to take my kids to Whole Foods and the farmers market so they can try new foods and flavors.

Best of luck with your plan to bring the family along for the ride.

Archived