Advice to be social at meal times

Rukstar

I am on Day 8 of my first Whole 30.  Melissa and Dallas gave advice, I think in 'It Starts With Food', about being social at mealtimes.  I work in a beautiful building which has a lovely open area with lots of tables and chairs where everyone gathers at lunchtime.  My usual lunchtime behaviour was to either go and get my food from the fridge and head back to my workstation and be on the PC while gobbling down my food, or go to the meal area and sit by myself, eating and sometimes reading.  I felt justified in doing this because I am on the phone a lot and didn't feel like talking some more during my lunch break.

I decided to follow all the advice about the program, so now I go to the kitchen/meals area, heat up my food and make it a point to sit with a group or at least one other person.  I have really great mealtimes now, with wonderful conversations and socialization.  I have told people about what I am doing, shared recipes, been given home grown vegetables by a colleague and in general am thoroughly enjoying myself.

Day 5 was literally pretty 'crappy' for me, feeling very unwell and having severe diarrhoea.  This passed after a day and I now feel quite energetic and look forward to the ebbs and flows of the rest of this Whole 30.

A BIG THANK YOU to Melissa and Dallas. 

Archived