Clear Skin!!!

THNext

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on Whole30 and I have been noticing how clear my skin is these days!!! 

I have been suffering with acne after I turned 30 years old. Now that I have been on Whole 30 and nearly finished I have noticed the big change in my skin. 

Does anyone know which of the items that we have avoided in our 30 days is the culprit for acne?

Many thanks in advance

Natalia

It could be any number of things, or all of them. I went way off road during the holidays and had breakouts. Some of acne is genetic, but it can be triggered by inflammation and how your body reacts to it. Certain foods can heighten this inflammation. Eating cleaner will certainly lower inflammation and your body will react accordingly.

I thank you all for your replies. I confess that I LOVE cheese, I used to come home and slice some cheese as a snack while I cooked dinner. So it could very well be cheese! At the same time I somewhat of a chocoholic, so I wasn't sure which one was the cause. But now I am afraid of what to do when I finish the Whole30 program. I need to read some of the posts to see what life is like after Whole30!! 

I know for a fact that I will be eating cleaner but every once in a while I would like to have a piece of ...... dark chocolate or asiago cheese but not at the price of pimpled face again!

Thanks again - I should have joined the forum at the beginning of my journey, I think it would have been easier to know there is so much support here. :)  

I'd make sure you focus on the dairy re-introduction after your W30. You may find that it's really dose dependent or it may be specific items. I know that I do okay, like I said, with some occasional really good cheese (I'm a fiend for an aged hard cheddar) but the minute I start tossing any old cheese on everything or eating ice cream and sour cream, the break outs come back.

Be sure to read the book or web sections on the re-introduction for the end of the W30. And I'd keep dark chocolate separate from the dairy and give it it's own re-intro days so that you can find out if it also causes you problems.

It could be that it's not just one particular food but a shift in your hormones and/or lower inflammation. There may not be one magic bullet; it might be the combination of everything. Something to keep in mind as you plan your reintro.

I thank you all for your replies. I confess that I LOVE cheese, I used to come home and slice some cheese as a snack while I cooked dinner. So it could very well be cheese! At the same time I somewhat of a chocoholic, so I wasn't sure which one was the cause. But now I am afraid of what to do when I finish the Whole30 program. I need to read some of the posts to see what life is like after Whole30!! 

I know for a fact that I will be eating cleaner but every once in a while I would like to have a piece of ...... dark chocolate or asiago cheese but not at the price of pimpled face again!

Thanks again - I should have joined the forum at the beginning of my journey, I think it would have been easier to know there is so much support here. :)  

I think there is chocolate that doesn't have dairy. Check out Taza Chocolate. Also I don't seem to have problems with raw unpasteurized cheese, I don't eat a ton of it. I do have a lot of issues with soft cheese, butter and yogurt.

Archived