Left-over rotisserie chicken recipes

**Ann**

I am looking for some different compliant recipes to use left over rotisserie chicken.  I've done chicken salad, chicken tacos, and chicken soup.  But I was wondering if anyone had any unexpected, different, or unique recipes they like to use when they have left over rotisserie chicken.  Pre-paleo, it would have been chicken pot pie...but its just not the same without the shortbread crust. haha

• 1 month later...

Chicken Chili.  I prefer red chili made with chicken than with hamburger.  Just leave out the beans and add a great mix of veggies, like chopped onion, tomatoes, zucchini, red bell peppers and it will be chucky and yummy!  Also make your own spice blend to make it Whole 30 and even better!

I was going to have chicken salad in half an avocado for breakfast this morning.  I cut up the left over chicken and half an onion and some black olives and pulsed a couple of times in the food processor.  Split the avocado and it was completely gross inside.  Threw it out and then microwaved and squeezed out the moisture from a cup of spinach and threw that in to the processor.  Salt and pepper and a tbs of mayo and it tasted good, but was over processed, almost a paste.  So I then formed it into little patties and browned in the skillet with a little ghee.  Squeeze of lemon on the patties and OMG, they tasted fantastic.

Now I need a name for them.  I'll definitely do that again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I use the Hot Plates ideas from Well Fed. Chop up your chicken, toss some chopped onions/garlic in fat, throw in your veggies and spices of choice (I'm partial to Chinese 5 Spice) and last add your chicken and make a big sautee of it all. Top with an egg if you feel like it or maybe just some Franks Hot Sauce.

Archived