The Whole Family doing the Whole30 starting Today March 3

OrganicMom

My whole family (myself, my husband and my sons - ages 15 and almost 4) are doing the whole30 as an alternative to our traditional Lenten fast so we have started today, the first day of Great Lent!  The boys will have a few things of leniency as its mostly for my husband and I so they are not being restricted for snacks - just has to be Whole30 compliant and I've agreed to letting the older boy have gluten free pancakes on Saturdays .....   we are nervous and excited but here we go!!

Awesome!  I look forward to seeing how you all do with it.  If you traditionally do a Lenten fast, at least your kids are used to the concept of restricting some items this time of year.  Have you started a log in the Whole30 forum?

I hate evenings....it's always my worse time... why do I get so hungry??  I am always full at dinner time which is over around 6....   do a lot of people have snacks in the evening?  wondering...

Are you hungry or do you just want to eat? If you are really hungry (could eat steamed fish and broccoli) then have a mini meal of protein and fat. Also if you are really hungry look at your meals throughout the day and see if you could bulk them up at all. I usually find when my first meal is too small I'm hungry before bed no matter what my other two meals look like. If you are not really hungry then distract yourself any way you can. 

Thank you GF Chris...for posting my link above.

I'm definitely hungry...yes, I'd eat the fish!  :)  

I try to keep those snacks high in protein.....  maybe a fried egg or some compliant lunchmeat with some lettuce or something.  Last night I put some coconut oil on the ham....wasn't all that tasty but did the trick enough that I could get to sleep.

I feel mostly full at most meals.  Sometimes I actually stop because I feel like a pig.... isn't three helpings enough?  I've always been this way though.... days where I seem to eat normal like others and days where I can't seem to get enough no matter what it is or how much.  I had two big helpings of salad last night.... a huge bowl brimming with spinach and covered in the chicken,bacon mushroom mixture and an oil/vinegar type dressing....  along with two bowls of tomato soup (made with coconut milk).... yet there I was two hours later hungry as could be.

I feel mostly full at most meals.  Sometimes I actually stop because I feel like a pig.... isn't three helpings enough?  I've always been this way though.... days where I seem to eat normal like others and days where I can't seem to get enough no matter what it is or how much.  I had two big helpings of salad last night.... a huge bowl brimming with spinach and covered in the chicken,bacon mushroom mixture and an oil/vinegar type dressing....  along with two bowls of tomato soup (made with coconut milk).... yet there I was two hours later hungry as could be.

Do you have any digestive issues? Acid Reflux, gall bladder? I am guessing, but it could be that your body is not able to absorb the nutrients you are eating and that's why you are hungry. I would keep eating when you feel hungry through your whole30. You may see changes in your meals as your body is able to get what it needs. Also you may want to add some digestive enzymes. Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived