A rough day approaching-and a lot of complaining!

I'm on day 6, I must be a few days behind on the timeline. I was able to get out of bed better today than the last few, but the cravings hit me within minutes. I am dreaming about French toast, banana pudding and fruit, lots of fruit! I just had a 4egg scramble with 1/2 avacado trying to fill my belly. I'm thinking I should avoid fruit at all costs today. Also feeling emotional, on the verge of tears for no reason. I'm frustrated (again) with my husband, who continually commits to eating better (he refuses W30, but trying to quit fast food) and there is no follow through. It was a very busy weekend and I was not able to get my cooking done which means I need to do it today. I hardly saw my kids over the weekend too (I had a class sat and sun evening til 9pm) and there are desperate for attention today, so cooking makes me feel guilty and neglectful. Maybe I will have hotdogs and raw carrots for a few meals!lol! Anyway, sorry for the long winded complaining, but it helps to get it out. Onward we go.

I'm on day 6, I must be a few days behind on the timeline. I was able to get out of bed better today than the last few, but the cravings hit me within minutes. I am dreaming about French toast, banana pudding and fruit, lots of fruit! I just had a 4egg scramble with 1/2 avacado trying to fill my belly. I'm thinking I should avoid fruit at all costs today. Also feeling emotional, on the verge of tears for no reason. I'm frustrated (again) with my husband, who continually commits to eating better (he refuses W30, but trying to quit fast food) and there is no follow through. It was a very busy weekend and I was not able to get my cooking done which means I need to do it today. I hardly saw my kids over the weekend too (I had a class sat and sun evening til 9pm) and there are desperate for attention today, so cooking makes me feel guilty and neglectful. Maybe I will have hotdogs and raw carrots for a few meals!lol! Anyway, sorry for the long winded complaining, but it helps to get it out. Onward we go.

I don't have children so you can take this with a grain of salt. Can you cook with your children? One of my favorite things to do with my mom was to help her cook. It was so much fun. Now for some tough love . . . the only person you can change is you. I commend your husband for wanting to improve his health but you can't make him do it. The best thing you can do is to be a good example. When you become that lean, strong, calm, fun, sexy wife (maybe you already are) you will be the role model for your family. Keep the faith!

How low has your carb intake been these 6 days? It is possible that your emotions and cravings are legitimate if it is very low but if it seems reasonable than it just might be the die off effect that you have to push through. I think it is good to have a no fruit day, but I wouldn't necessarily limit your starchy vegetables too. 

Hang in there! Regardless of your kids' and husband's attitudes this is about you and your body and being the best you that you can be for them.

How low has your carb intake been these 6 days? It is possible that your emotions and cravings are legitimate if it is very low but if it seems reasonable than it just might be the die off effect that you have to push through. I think it is good to have a no fruit day, but I wouldn't necessarily limit your starchy vegetables too. 

Hang in there! Regardless of your kids' and husband's attitudes this is about you and your body and being the best you that you can be for them.

I will add some sweet potatoes in at M2 today, can't hurt. I've been very low on fruit and only having sweet potatoes post W/O. I've a food logs under "Anne's whole30" for review if needed. My kids are 2&4 so although my 4yo can help, my 2yo really can't but wants to anyway.....instead we went to the library and got new books to keep them busy for a little while and I got a few things done. Thanks fr the encouragement.

Archived