Steroid Nasal Spray

Anybody have any advice with regard to using prescription steroid nasal spray? I was just diagnosed with a nasal polyp and prescribed Triamcinolone Acetamide nasal spray. I'm feeling great on Day 13 and don't want to jeopardize my Whole30. I've lived with the polyp for a month or so and I don't mind waiting until my Whole30 is over, but if it's not a big deal, it would be good to start working on being able to breathe through both nostrils:) Thoughts?

Hey Annie

I've had to use steroid nasal sprays for about 8 years (the other option is not breathing lol). You may find the Whole30 actually helps with your nose :D I'm now 100% wheat free and mostly grain free and it's made a huge difference. I've found too many nightshades make it worse, but so does no nightshades, a little bit appears to be best :)

Not as a replacement but as an additional, there are pure salt water sprays too. One brand is FESS. They don't perform the same function as the steroid ones, but they can help with the breathing :D 

Nozoil Drops (medical grade sesame oil) are also great if you can get them (oddly I found the drops better than the spray), it helps seal up injuries so they can heal without getting infections.

I highly recommend a vaporiser if you don't have one :D

Archived