Day 1 - going totally cold turkey (eek)

tiller_girl

Hi all,

I've been circling around the idea of eating paleo for a few months - I've run through feeling defensive, amused, curious, worried. I've been unhappy about my relationship with food for a few years. I don't manage diets well (I get twitchy, rebellious and bingey) so have avoided them for a long time.

I want a reset. I need a reset. I want to feel happy around food. I have 3 children, and don't want to pass on food issues to them (my mum has dieted my whole life).

I'm starting today. It's going to be tough, I eat a lot of grains and sugar normally. I am worried! But I am also committed to making a change.

Jo

Hey Jo

I hear you loud and clear I am starting tomorrow cold turkey as well. I have all those feelings that you have. I eat a lot of sugar and grains too. I watched th movie Hungry for Change and it really make me think about sugar consumption. I highly recommend it. You can do it.

In the movie, they said don't look at the food and think "I want that but can't have it but rather I can have it but I don't want it"

Good luck.

You can do this! To keep things interesting I treat myself to treats within the Whole30 choices. I indulge in unusual new veggies at the farmer's market, fresh blueberries that aren't on sale, overpriced veggie kabobs or smoked salmon, etc. This week I treated myself to a julienne peeler for making zucchini noodles.And I will make zucchini chips in my dehydrator for a savory snack.

Archived