Whole30 for Lifting

Stacefish

Hey all,

So I"m on my first day of the Whole 30. I'm excited to do it, but I want some feedback/advice from all the lifters out there. I workout every day, but I do cleans, jerks, snatches, heavy squats, etc (I have a trainer for my program). He incorporates a few cardio things, but more like 30 yard sprints x10 and so forth. ( Do I need to add more cardio?) It's more strength and conditioning. I want to lean out and gain muscle stregnth and I don't want to compromise or lose strength/gains on Whole 30 because I'm lacking. What is the best way to keep up the lean muscle building and strength while cutting down body fat % and stay on Whole 30? Also, what should my eating shcedul e be in the day? I usually munch at work I don't have an eating schedule or times. Obviously on this, I"ll be keeping a lot of fruit and a few vegetables I like on hand for that. But I want to make sure mybody is being prepped the whole day (I work out after work) for my lifting later. How can I best maximize Whole30 and keep up in the gym? What proteins and fats are the best for this? Should I take a supplement? are there Whole30 approved protein powdersI can mix up after a workout?  Any help/suggestions are needed!! :)

Hi there! Welcome!

The best way to make sure your body is fed for your training is to follow the basic outline of 3 large meals plus pre and post workout mini-meals.  Make sure all of your meals follow the recommended template, and if you are hoping to build muscle, lean toward the higher end of the protein recommendations. Also, don't skimp on the starchy veggies if you're looking to gain/build muscle but recognize that you may not lean out as quickly. Sometimes our goals can be contradictory and we have to choose which is more important to us.

Archived