Dried Fruit...Should I ditch it?

I'm on Day 15 of this journey and I think I need to cut out dried fruit. Actually, I know I need to, but maybe I just need a few people saying, "duh! no more dried fruit!".

So I'm 5'4", 120ish pounds, two little kids, and I just want to be healthy, super fit, and not to stress and count calories to maintain a healthy weight. (Like most people, I would also love to lose a few pounds and have a 6 pack.) So far I really like the whole30. Our whole family eats better. My daughter asked for asparagus with a poached egg for breakfast!

I think I may have a dried fruit problem. Pre-whole30 I definitely had the sugar dragon issue. Give me a little sugar and I craved more. Often after my amazing and balanced whole30 meal 2 and meal 3 I want a few dates or dried figs, but I usually end up having 4 or more...So....I pretty much should not have any dried fruit, right? On a side note, I haven't weighed myself but I know I am a few pounds heavier that when I started this. I work out nearly every morning between 9 and 11am- lifting weights, running, skiing, shoveling mounds of snow for snow caves for the kids, etc. Some days I just feel so carb hungry by mid-afternoon that I grab some dried fruit and nuts. Thanks for your input!

Dried fruit like raisins, or fresh pineapple, in a curry, maybe.  Dried fruit after or outside of a meal?  No way!

(Is that what you needed to hear?)

Dried fruit like raisins, or fresh pineapple, in a curry, maybe.  Dried fruit after or outside of a meal?  No way!

(Is that what you needed to hear?)

Thanks Nico! I like that idea a lot. I needed a hard and fast rule to follow like that. Thanks so much!

I bought a bag of raisin medley from Trader Joes, they are BAD NEWS! I have to hide the bag before I eat them all. pre whole30 I would have raisins and they would sit in my cupboard until I used them for cookies. I like the consistency, and figured if I added them to nuts I would cut back on my serving of nuts.

Archived