contracted a nasty cough

paintedgrrl

I'm on day 11 and doing great, however I have contracted a nasty cough from a co-worker...boooooooo!  :(  I am drinking herbal tea like it is going out of style but I'm wondering is there any sort of OTC cough reliever that is Whole 30 compliant?  I'm feeling pretty rough and I am fighting this thing like a pro-boxer but I think I'm going to need more than tea to kick this.

:ph34r: Ninja cold fighting skills would be great right about now.

Hi paintedgrrl! 

I am so sorry to hear that you're under the weather.  I am fighting a cold too

(on day 26).  All I can say is that I have been drinking a lot of Throat Coat/

Throat Comfort tea (Yogi brand).  It helps but is not getting rid of the cold.  

Get extra sleep while you fight this... like Sleeping Beauty slept!   ;)

Hi paintedgrrl! 

I am so sorry to hear that you're under the weather.  I am fighting a cold too

(on day 26).  All I can say is that I have been drinking a lot of Throat Coat/

Throat Comfort tea (Yogi brand).  It helps but is not getting rid of the cold.  

Get extra sleep while you fight this... like Sleeping Beauty slept!   ;)

Ninadude,

Thank you.  I am not a medicine taker in general.  My usual method of cold treatment is to ignore it until it goes away. lol  This cold, however, is accompanied by a cough that makes me sound like a happy seal!  Right now I am drinking ginger green tea, eating chicken soup and taking spoonfuls of tabasco sauce.  I will whip out the neti pot if necessary and am prepared to put Vick's Vapor Rub on the bottoms of my feet.  I am crossing my fingers that I will not need to resort to any sort of pill or capsule.  "Let food by thy medicine" is the motto I live by....unless I feel like the grim reaper is giving me the eye! lol 

Hope you feel better...Hey, only a few days to go for you....Keep up the good work!!

Archived