Lovesmatt29 attempt 2

lovesmatt29

As I posted on my first attempt yesterday, I succumbed to chocolate fondue and Doritos yesterday.  When I wrote on my log what happened and that I'd be starting over today I didn't feel that bad physically and mentally I was disappointed, but I didn't have a crazy binge so I was also happy that I'd been able to just have a little "junk" and move on (I dumped the leftover fondue, sent home the extra brownies and rice crispie treats and didn't finish the whole bag of Doritos-lol!).

Well, fast forward to the night.  I couldn't sleep, I had a headache, I was nauseous and I just felt horrific.  I ended up googling MSG at 1 am and reading about all the horrible things about it and why you should never eat it.  Sigh.

I woke this morning--or rather, got up since I didn't actually sleep--feeling like hell.  I didn't eat anything until 11 because I was so sick and couldn't even look at food.  Today I was less concerned with my meal templates and more concerned with not dying!  Seriously--that's how bad I felt!

No workout today and no scale (yay!  Still hard to stay off, but I'm doing it!)

Meal 1: Two eggs, two egg whites, sausage (actually my own grassfed ground beef that I season to taste like sausage), and a huge bowl of blueberries and raspberries.  Also, almond milk, green tea and gelatin drink.

Meal 2: Two eggs, two egg whites, no-oatmeal (flax, chia, hemp, 1/2 apple, almond butter and almond milk heated up--YUM!), grilled asparagus. 

As I posted on my first attempt yesterday, I succumbed to chocolate fondue and Doritos yesterday.  When I wrote on my log what happened and that I'd be starting over today I didn't feel that bad physically and mentally I was disappointed, but I didn't have a crazy binge so I was also happy that I'd been able to just have a little "junk" and move on (I dumped the leftover fondue, sent home the extra brownies and rice crispie treats and didn't finish the whole bag of Doritos-lol!).

Well, fast forward to the night.  I couldn't sleep, I had a headache, I was nauseous and I just felt horrific.  I ended up googling MSG at 1 am and reading about all the horrible things about it and why you should never eat it.  Sigh.

I woke this morning--or rather, got up since I didn't actually sleep--feeling like hell.  I didn't eat anything until 11 because I was so sick and couldn't even look at food.  Today I was less concerned with my meal templates and more concerned with not dying!  Seriously--that's how bad I felt!

No workout today and no scale (yay!  Still hard to stay off, but I'm doing it!)

Meal 1: Two eggs, two egg whites, sausage (actually my own grassfed ground beef that I season to taste like sausage), and a huge bowl of blueberries and raspberries.  Also, almond milk, green tea and gelatin drink.

Meal 2: Two eggs, two egg whites, no-oatmeal (flax, chia, hemp, 1/2 apple, almond butter and almond milk heated up--YUM!), grilled asparagus. 

Glad you are back on the wagon. Have you read the meal planning template or the Can I Have post? I think you need to eat more veggies and fat. Also your No-Oatmeal could be considered sex with your pants on food so you may want to avoid it during your whole30. These type of foods although compliant, will awaken your sugar dragon like no other. Since you did have a moment of weakness with sweets, you might want to avoid this for your whole30. Here are the links. http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/.  http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/.  

As I was eating my no-oatmeal I was totally thinking about how this would fit in template wise and I agree that it's probably in the category of paleo pancakes or the like so I will cut it out for the duration.  Yes, I do need more veggies.  That is part of my motivation for doing the whole30 and I've come a long way already and will continue to work on increasing them.

Here's day 2:

Thoughts:  My friend is doing a sugar detox (she practices a SAD, but is very interested in Paleo), thanks to me encouraging her.  She started Monday.  I was telling her I should be on day 10 right now, but instead I'm on day 2 and to just hang in there.  I hope that thinking about how it sucks to start over will keep me moving this time.  I also hate how long it takes to feel better after indulging in crap.  I don't think I'll ever look at Doritos the same way again.  Gag me.

Stayed off the scale--yay!

Workout: 15 minute HIIT and 15 minutes of weights plus foam rolling.

B: Sausage, two eggs and two egg whites, 1 serving of nuts, asparagus in olive oil, blueberries, plus my gelatin/almond milk/green tea drink.

L: grilled steak on spring mix, salt and olive oil for dressing

D: same as lunch.

Really strong scale craving today.  No food cravings though.  I feel like just saying "I'm not eating ______ " to myself just seems to kill my cravings.  Like if I don't even let myself consider it, I'm fine.  I really want to weigh myself.  I don't know what my obsession is with that.  Seriously, I don't even need to lose weight.  My goals are to make veggies my "go to" and to conquer my extreme sugar addiction, and yet I still want to weigh myself everyday.  Ugh.  

Workout: none, scheduled rest day.

Breakfast: Avocado, two eggs + two eggs whites, asparagus and one kiwi.  Asparagus and eggs were cooked in olive oil.  Also had my gelatin/almond milk/green tea drink.

Lunch: Avocado, green beans (olive oil), steak

Dinner: Salmon on top of a spring mix salad, olive oil and salt for dressing.

Day 4:  This day got pretty messed up schedule wise, but man did I sleep good!  It was amazing!

Workout: 45 minutes of walking with a weighted vest, weights, foam rolling

M1: Two eggs, two egg whites, bacon, green beans, coconut oil with an apple, avocado.  That was a lot of food, but I was extra hungry from my workout.

M2: Thanks to work and a dr appt I didn't get to this until late in the afternoon, which was okay because I was still full from breakfast.  When I finally ate I made it a larger meal and just skipped dinner.  I had Mahi Mahi, green beans, avocado, two kiwi and a serving of almonds.

Really strong scale craving today.  No food cravings though.  I feel like just saying "I'm not eating ______ " to myself just seems to kill my cravings.  Like if I don't even let myself consider it, I'm fine.  I really want to weigh myself.  I don't know what my obsession is with that.  Seriously, I don't even need to lose weight.  My goals are to make veggies my "go to" and to conquer my extreme sugar addiction, and yet I still want to weigh myself everyday.  Ugh.  

Workout: none, scheduled rest day.

Breakfast: Avocado, two eggs + two eggs whites, asparagus and one kiwi.  Asparagus and eggs were cooked in olive oil.  Also had my gelatin/almond milk/green tea drink.

Lunch: Avocado, green beans (olive oil), steak

Dinner: Salmon on top of a spring mix salad, olive oil and salt for dressing.

I think we need one of those scales that doesn't give you numbers but gives you words of encouragement. Wouldn't it be great to step on the scale and it say "You Are Awesome!"

Yes, and that scale could say "Who cares? What is important is nourishing your body!"

I didn't sleep well last night and today I'm feeling weak.  I'm having horrible cravings and I'm grumpy.  It's 7:25 am and I'm in for a long day.

Here's what I had yesterday:

B: Two eggs+two egg whites, green beans, sausage + Gelatin/almond milk 

Lunch: Mahi Mahi, green beans, avocado

Dinner: Same as lunch

Okay, yesterday was tough, but I powered through.  Today I woke up feeling much stronger and I slept really good last night.  

Here is what I had yesterday:

B: gelatin/almond milk, two eggs + two egg whites, sweet potato with ghee and almond butter on top (OMG, this is the BEST!)

L: Same as above plus salad with steak and olive oil dressing.  Lunch was huge and late so I didn't eat dinner.

I also did 30 minutes of hill intervals on the treadmill plus weights.

DAY 9!!!!  This is a big deal to me because I failed at day 8 last time.

Scale:  still want it, but it is getting easier.

Workout: none today, other than some foam rolling.  Did HIIT yesterday.

Breakfast: steak on a mixed green salad, spritzed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt, sweet potato with almond butter and ghee, gelatin/almond milk to drink

Lunch:   Two cans of salmon on mixed green salad, blueberries and sausage.

Dinner: Two sweet potatoes with ghee and almond butter and salt on top, plus two eggs and two egg whites.  I am totally obsessed with the sweet potatoes and almond butter but I think I like it a little too much.  I ate the second one because it was so good not because I was hungry.  I think this is the last of them I will have for awhile.

I ate lunch literally a foot away from a giant Costco cake that someone brought to my work.  Four people came and got big slices while I sat there.  At one point I looked at that frosting and really wanted to scrape off a big slab of it.  I texted my friend who is doing a sugar detox and told her about it.  She texted back "not worth it.  It won't taste that good and you'll have an icky greasy taste in your mouth."  She was totally right and it's not worth having to start over on the whole30.  I'm so glad I didn't cheat!

Oh my gosh!  This is so exciting!  Day 15!  Clearly I've been a slacker as far as log posting but that is purely out of busyness.  By the time I remember to do this I'm curled up in bed and not about to get up.

I've been killin it!  Probably a little bit too much...I'm pretty sure at this point I have gained weight because my pants are mighty snug.  I need to lay off the nut butters.  I banned sweet potatoes with almond butter on them for the remainder of the whole30, but then decided to make my own homemade Nuttzo.  Yeah, liked it a little too much and overindulged to my hearts content for three days.  The problem with this is that it has caused me to skip dinner several times because I ate too much nut butter.  So, no more nut butters for the remainder of the whole 30.  They are out of the house so that's that.

Over the weekend I faced two major temptations.  Saturday my kids made homemade candies as a gift and I had to supervise.  I didn't even have one lick!  Sunday we went to a birthday party complete with ice cream, red velvet cake and m & ms.  I stuck to my fresh pineapple and strawberries though.  NOT ONE CHEAT!!!!!

Yay!  Now, I do not wish to have to purchase bigger pants as a result of my whole30, so I will be be practicing portion control, but will stick to the meal template.  I really think as long as I don't attack a jar of nut butter with a spoon in one hand I will be back to zipping them up by the end of the week.

Yay!  Day 19 and I'm killing it!  I had every intention of logging every meal, but I work full time and have two young kids.  It just can't happen.  BUT, I can say I'm doing fantastic and haven't had any slips.  I am finding the occasional moment where I am preparing for the next day and realize I'm out of veggies so I have to text my husband to grab me a few things on his way home, but other that that, it's not been too hard.

The other day I had a very stressful day at work but I felt no cravings.  I'm also just feeling energetic and light.  My skin looks great.  

Onward!

Archived