Will the diet rev up my metabolism?

Hi,

Would following the diet rev up metabolism so I can have 98.6 body temperature? I am tempted to do Matt Stone's program before doing The Whole 30. I think that higher metabolism and 98.6F with his program is almost guaranteed. Unfortunately weight gain is possible as well. This is the drawback to his diet.

While the Whole 30 is very healthy and I do not think that I would gain weight on it, I do not think that it is going to raise my body temp, is it?

Thank you for your input.

I am not an expert but I believe that eating clean can improve your metabolism. One thing that I did notice when I did a whole30 was I felt warmer then normal. I am always cold so I could tell a difference during my whole30. I did not lose any weight however. I don't know anything about Matt Stone's program so not sure if that would give you the results you are looking for. 

Why do you believe your metabolism is suppressed? Also, what are the principles of the Matt Stone program? It is quite possible that they're similar in the important respects--usually if your metabolism is somehow functioning less than optimally then restoring it to its proper rate will entail weight gain, that's just part of the process given that MOST people find themselves in that predicament due to undereating and/or overexercising. 

I have a mug of bulletproof coffee in the morning. I brew some coffee and add about 2 tbs. coconut oil and 2 tbs. half and half (not whole30) or coconut milk (not super fond of the taste) or 1/4 cup home-made almond milk (soak 1/2 c. raw almonds overnight, dump the water, add 1 c. fresh water and blend in food processor or blender, strain through cheesecloth. Lasts 2-3 days in the fridge). Then I blend it with an immersion blender. I always feel like my metabolism gets a huge boost from this. I'm always warmer in the mornings at work when everyone else is complaining of being really cold.

Archived