Can only eat two meals

I just finished day 7 of my first Whole34 (I missed that there were sulfites in something I ate on Friday, so I'm having to go a few days longer). I'm not having bad cravings, not feeling deprived, not wanting to snack, not tempted by the non-W30 food in the house (my kids are still eating primal-ish for now), so I'm really pleased with all of that. However, I have chronic, daily migraines (24/7) that have been particularly severe the past several weeks, and when I get up I am way too nauseated to eat for several hours.

The first few days I forced myself to eat anyway, but I was miserable and it just didn't feel right psychologically to be doing that, either. I would sit there gagging and with tears running down my face while and after I ate. So the past few days I've been skipping M1 and have just been waiting until I feel hungry and able to handle food without gagging, which is usually between 12:00-2:00. I drink decaf iced tea or water during this time. I follow the meal template for M2 and M3, and feel satisfied. Pre-W30 I was only able to handle saltine crackers (bad, I know, but that is all that would settle my stomach) or occasionally a small handful of nuts in the mornings.

What is better, forcing myself to eat M1, skipping it, or eating off meal template (such as just a handful of nuts, or possibly a banana or anything approved that sounds palatable to me at the time)? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

PS: I wasn't sure if this should be posted in the medical conditions section or here, but felt this might be the better place. My apologies if it needs to be moved.

Ideally, if you could eat a small meal of 1 palm of protein, 1 cup of veggies and 1 fat within an hour of waking, that would be best.

If that is currently too much, have as much as you can and gradually work your way up. Maybe it's a bite of chicken salad made with homemade mayo and a bite of sweet potato for now, for example?

Archived