reassurance needed!

Hi everyone :)

I am on day 16 of my whole 30 and I am just after a bit of reassurance.

• I have been sooo itchy, waking up in the middle of the night because of it and my eczema has gotten worse because of it :(
  • I am very short-tempered and my moods are unstable
  • My sleep is broken and I wake up at 2/3am every night
  • Day 11 I am glad I didn't kill anyone, resorted to going and hiding in the toilet at work several times as I was so tired and grumpy!
  • I have a LOT of anxiety about food, my dreams have all been about me failing/eating something I'm not allowed on whole 30
  • I haven't been to the gym in forever as I've had no energy
  • I have been creeping a lot of fruit into my diet to unintentionally feed my sugar dragon. I also discovered medjool dates...uh oh!
  • My anxiety problems feel worse, I had a panic attack at work yesterday and ran off down the corridor!!!
  • Nut butters are a food without brakes for me, I polished off one jar in one sitting the other day after my dog was put down :(

It has been a tough couple of weeks, I am fast learning that I have no self control when it comes to food and it fills an empty void in my life! I also have more of a reliance on alcohol than I thought.

I have been coeliac since 13 months old. I have cut out eggs, nuts and seeds (including coffee) from today to follow the auto immune protocol (which will hopefully help with the insane itching and angry eczema?)

I have had a few SWYPO slip ups (pancakes and frozen banana/cashew butter 'ice cream') but I am trying not to beat myself up about these as a lot of rubbish things have happened in my life in a short space of time.

Any reassurance? :(

Hi everyone :)

I am on day 16 of my whole 30 and I am just after a bit of reassurance.

• I have been sooo itchy, waking up in the middle of the night because of it and my eczema has gotten worse because of it :(
  • I am very short-tempered and my moods are unstable
  • My sleep is broken and I wake up at 2/3am every night
  • Day 11 I am glad I didn't kill anyone, resorted to going and hiding in the toilet at work several times as I was so tired and grumpy!
  • I have a LOT of anxiety about food, my dreams have all been about me failing/eating something I'm not allowed on whole 30
  • I haven't been to the gym in forever as I've had no energy
  • I have been creeping a lot of fruit into my diet to unintentionally feed my sugar dragon. I also discovered medjool dates...uh oh!
  • My anxiety problems feel worse, I had a panic attack at work yesterday and ran off down the corridor!!!
  • Nut butters are a food without brakes for me, I polished off one jar in one sitting the other day after my dog was put down :(

It has been a tough couple of weeks, I am fast learning that I have no self control when it comes to food and it fills an empty void in my life! I also have more of a reliance on alcohol than I thought.

I have been coeliac since 13 months old. I have cut out eggs, nuts and seeds (including coffee) from today to follow the auto immune protocol (which will hopefully help with the insane itching and angry eczema?)

I have had a few SWYPO slip ups (pancakes and frozen banana/cashew butter 'ice cream') but I am trying not to beat myself up about these as a lot of rubbish things have happened in my life in a short space of time.

Any reassurance? :(

I am not sure if I can give you any reassurance. My thoughts are that your body is detoxing and perhaps your gut is still healing. It is possible that more foods are causing you issues at this time. It may get better once your gut has been healed. I am not sure if your slip ups were gluten free but if they weren't it could take you 7 - 10 days to recover. I can imagine how hard the auto immune protocol is, you should be proud of yourself for taking that on. I have one other off topic thought. Are you taking any new medications or using any new products that could be causing your eczema? I got a new toothpaste from my dentist called MI Paste. I started getting a rash on the back of my hands. It took me about a year to realize it was the toothpaste that was the cause. This toothpaste helps to rebuild your tooth enamel and has dairy in it. I also noticed that I had the same reactions to some over the counter enamel building toothpastes. Hopefully this helps. Hang in there it will get better.

• Moderators

You are on the right track for digging out of the deep hole you have been in. Recognizing that you have issues with food is an important start. My guess is that the quality of your nutrition has not been supportive of your having a great Whole30 experience. Lots of nut butter and fruit crowds healthier foods off your plate and keeps some of the transitions you need to experience muted. But you are on the right track. Keep working towards getting your meals to the place that they truly fit the meal template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf I bet you can keep making progress for a long time.

Archived