Smoothies

AllyB

This morning my husband made a smoothie for my daughter. She isn't doing a whole30, but while we were doing ours, we were trying to clean up her diet.  She's 8 and drank most of it.  She said it filled her up.  Usually for breakfast, she can't get enough.  Probably because of sugar.  My husband usually gives her something with nutella on it :(  So this was a step in the right direction.  He started with odwalla blueberry smoothie blend, added some kefir, a banana and a few other things.  I know it's not compliant with whole30, but for my kid, it was a step in the right direction!

This morning my husband made a smoothie for my daughter. She isn't doing a whole30, but while we were doing ours, we were trying to clean up her diet.  She's 8 and drank most of it.  She said it filled her up.  Usually for breakfast, she can't get enough.  Probably because of sugar.  My husband usually gives her something with nutella on it  :(  So this was a step in the right direction.  He started with odwalla blueberry smoothie blend, added some kefir, a banana and a few other things.  I know it's not compliant with whole30, but for my kid, it was a step in the right direction!

I would be happy that she is eating something healthier than normal and leave it at that. When I was that age I didn't care about healthy eating I just wanted to eat the wonder bread, peter pan peanut butter and marshmallow fluff that everyone else was eating. My mother would not buy that stuff so at home we had fresh fruits and veggies and whole grain bread. Although at the time I wasn't happy those healthy habits have stayed with me. 

Archived