The Whole Family And The Whole30

OrganicMom

I just learned about this log thing.... not sure what to do with it...but here goes..

Our family - my husband and I and my two boys, ages 15 and 3 (almost 4) are doing this toether...  some exceptions for the boys... limitless snacks including fruit of choice...  and maybe, if anything else, something on the weekend...and not so much restrictions if away from home.  We'll see on that...

Anyway -  today is day two for us.

Yesterday -  Breakfast  - scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes fried in coc oil, guacamole

Lunch -  leftover Hungarian stew over fried cabbage and guacamole

Dinner - Paleo Chili over mashed cauliflower and salad with vinaigrette dressing

Today -  Breakfast - Frittata with bacon and green peppers and shallots, sautéed kale, guacamole

Lunch - leftover stew , leftover kale and extra oil drizzled over both

Dinner (to be had later )  Tomato Soup, Warm chicken and bacon spinach salad

I'm feeling fine today other than some strange indigestion.... not really tired..yet... lol   avoiding a snack was hard during my writing time and I did end up having a few carrots with some Paleo dip I had made and a few pistachios... not much really...  I really was hungry but that little bit seemed to help...  I know I ate enough at breakfast. 

Doing just fine with your log. Most people use it to track their meals and how they're feeling as they go through the process, so you started on the right foot!

Just confirm your bacon is compliant: no sugar, sweetener or other nasties.

Also if you're hungry between meals (hungry = you could eat steamed fish and broccoli), the recommended snack is a mini-meal containing a protein and fat.

Yes, the bacon is compliant :)  Yes, I'm hungry!  I don't have any fish on hand but would eat it if I had it!  ;)  

Last night I was able to do with a few slices of compliant ham and a little coconut oil rubbed on...  the night before I fried an egg with a few ham slices.

Day 3 and doing well thus far....

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs with a sort of hash on the side with some leftover bacon, mushrooms, onions, sweet potato and broccoli along with a bit of olive oil and guacamole.

No snacks...just lots of water

Lunch -  Lefotver paleo chili over mashed cauliflower, a handful of almonds, and a few carrots with paleo dip

Dinner later will be  Baked Cod with ghee and herbs,  baked sweet potato w/ ghee, steamed broccoli and salad with paleo dressing

We've made it to day 7.  Today is a bad day but we've stuck to it..   We fast completely before church on Sundays so going to coffee hour is all the more tempting with the foods they have there.  We had our paleo wraps with us though.... got some disturbing news too so now I'm sitting here not really hungry for REAL food but really STRONGLY desiring chocolate.... oh how I miss chocolate...and wine.

We've made it to day 7.  Today is a bad day but we've stuck to it..   We fast completely before church on Sundays so going to coffee hour is all the more tempting with the foods they have there.  We had our paleo wraps with us though.... got some disturbing news too so now I'm sitting here not really hungry for REAL food but really STRONGLY desiring chocolate.... oh how I miss chocolate...and wine.

Paleo wraps are not Whole30 compliant, sorry.

Read this article for details: the Hartwigs have determined they're in the SWYPO category: http://whole9life.com/2013/12/pure-wraps/

No restart necessary: just drop the Paleo wraps for the rest of your Whole30.

Some forum members use collard greens for wraps:  have found them to be more substantial/stable than lettuce.

On getting the disturbing news, I'm sorry that happened to you: perhaps, as part of the Whole30 process, you can devise other strategies, instead of food, to comfort yourself?

I guess I've given up on this log....  not motivated and not much time with all the emotional stress we are going through right now.  We are on day 14 though and still pushing along.  I was right to do this during Lent or there's no way we wouldn't give in to emotional binging right now to handle the stress......  Trying to find alternate things to do instead of consuming chocolate, wine and processed sugars is not easy.

Day 21.....   doing   fine....  being tempted constantly...  really wanting to give into chocolate and such.... but as a family, we are pulling together and getting through this.  After the last week though -  I at least know it's possible to face a huge crisis and not give into the food temptations.  My dh is feeling great with his loose clothing!  :)

Archived