Starting my Whole30 tomorrow (Ash Wednesday)

peahen65

Kind of excited, kind of nervous.  Enjoying my last Americano with half and half this afternoon.  Went to Whole Foods today to shop a little to get ready, particularly to buy some coconut aminos to replace soy sauce.  Also found some Moroccan mild pepper sauce.  Seems every other sauce in the place had starch or sugar in them :~( 

The big challenges for me will be dairy and wine. I'm looking forward to exploring vegetables that I don't ordinarily eat.

Good luck! I started mine Feb 17th, but I will probably continue through Lent, to at least Palm Sunday weekend (when I have to fly, and go to relatives house for a week-- should stay mostly Paleo, but don't want to be on a strict Whole 30... So I guess I'll be doing what, a whole 45 or whole 50 or something.

My Shrove Tuesday pancake supper at church tonight was yummy Paleo - I skipped the pancakes (even though they were whole wheat from fresh ground non-modern wheat) and feasted on home grown pork sausage, free range farm eggs, and organic stewed apples lightly sweetened with honey (instead of fake syrup). Now enjoying my last glass of Port I'll get to have for the next 40 days.

Starting my second Whole40 today as well. I did a Whole45 back in the fall and then gave it up when we went on vacation. I tried to get back on the Paleo wagon but Thansgiving, Christmas, and my 40th birthday were all excuses for me to cheat quite a bit. Now I am recommitting to doing a FULL Whole40 for Lent!

Archived