Sore neck pain

Hi everyone,

I'm on day 25 and feel amazing. Moods, skin, evergy are amazing! One thing though I have had a sore neck since i was 12 and am 35 now. For the past 3 years I've maintained it by going to the chiropractor for an adjustment and it's done great. Until day 12- almost 2 weeks ago. I had a bit of stressful news and tend to carry stress in my shoulders. That stress lasted only a day but it stayed in my neck and shoulders. Since I have gotten 2 massages and 4 adjustments and today after my massage it is worse. I'm hoping I kick it with adjustments but do you think it could be lack of a vitamin or food in my diet? I eliminated them all when I started due to the soy and additives in them all including sucralose. Any ideas on what's going on and if it's related to whole 30? Because I've read a lot of success stories where this cured neck pain.

Hi everyone,

I'm on day 25 and feel amazing. Moods, skin, evergy are amazing! One thing though I have had a sore neck since i was 12 and am 35 now. For the past 3 years I've maintained it by going to the chiropractor for an adjustment and it's done great. Until day 12- almost 2 weeks ago. I had a bit of stressful news and tend to carry stress in my shoulders. That stress lasted only a day but it stayed in my neck and shoulders. Since I have gotten 2 massages and 4 adjustments and today after my massage it is worse. I'm hoping I kick it with adjustments but do you think it could be lack of a vitamin or food in my diet? I eliminated them all when I started due to the soy and additives in them all including sucralose. Any ideas on what's going on and if it's related to whole 30? Because I've read a lot of success stories where this cured neck pain.

I am not an expert but I also have neck pain and it is swollen and really hurts today. I try to focus on what is causing mine. Do you look down at your computer or iPad for long periods of time? Do you text on your phone alot? That position puts a lot of pressure on your neck. Do you have jaw issues like clenching or grinding at night? That can put a lot of pressure on your neck. Do you have other back pain? If you have lower back pain you almost always have neck pain. Did you eat a lot of sugar before your whole30? I am not doing a whole30 now and I had some chocolate on Monday. I have a feeling that mine is a result of being on the computer alot and eating chocolate. I look like a hunchback because my neck is so swollen. I am icing it now and luckily I have a chiro appt on Friday. I have a feeling I may have to try the FODMAP protocol on my next whole30. I believe he sugars in these food may be causing my pain, but who knows. I hope yours goes away soon.

Mobile usage can give you a lot of pains! Never angle your head down to the device, hold it up to your eye level, so you have your best posture. Lots of kids are going into chiropractors for mobile and ipad use now :(

If you've never tried an osteopath, they are great for pain, especially cranial osteopaths (if you can find one).

My chiro tells me to pretend that the device (computer, phone, ipad) smells bad, so I won't bend over too closely to read it. Posture is also very important to keeping neck pain to a minimum.

If you work at a desktop PC, as your workmates to keep an eye on your posture and alert you if you are "turtling" (stretching your head forward from your neck like a turtle - without moving shoulders or neck), crouching, looking down or other uncomfortable things.

Archived