Can I have Panera's Secret Paleo items?

Chocoholic382

Just checked out the Panera website and they both seem compliant to me! 

• Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad - All-natural, antibiotic-free roasted turkey, baby spinach, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, freshly squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
  • Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak - Two all-natural eggs, freshly cracked every morning, seared steak, fresh, sliced avocado and tomatoes.

Be VERY careful with the Panera Hidden Menu. Many of the choices have non-compliant ingredients.

See this website here for details: http://paneranutrition.com/

The Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad: you need to get that without the pepperoncini, as they contain sulfites.

Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak: is not compliant, as it contains wheat starch.

The Power Steak Lettuce Wraps without the pesto would work.

That's insane. What are they putting the wheat starch in/on? I mean, that looks like a delicious meal of healthy ingredients and then there's wheat starch as this glaringly unnecessary blemish. What's the point? I can't think of any purpose for it.

Be VERY careful with the Panera Hidden Menu. Many of the choices have non-compliant ingredients.

See this website here for details: http://paneranutrition.com/

The Power Mediterranean Roasted Turkey Salad: you need to get that without the pepperoncini, as they contain sulfites.

Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak: is not compliant, as it contains wheat starch.

The Power Steak Lettuce Wraps without the pesto would work.

Nice catch! I just always find it best to avoid eating out as much as possible with Whole30.. to save myself the headache. 

The wheat starch is an ingredient in the spray they use on their griddle/grill.  Any meat that is reheated (ie, served warm) at Panera will contain it.  That's why the steak breakfast bowl has it (the meat is warm) and the wraps do not (the meat is cold).

You can also get other salads on their menu and sub in the turkey for the chicken (since the chicken is not complaint).  Just go without cheese or dressing (bring your own).

Archived