I apologize if this has already been discussed...

Occasionally I will workout twice a day (cardio, then weights separately). Is it necessary to eat a pre/post-workout meal for both? Just want to make sure I'm not eating too much/not enough.

I'm guessing my day would look like this:

6:00a.m. 1-2 HB eggs

6:30-7:00 Cardio

7:15ish palm size chicken/sweet potato (1/2)

8:30ish protein, veg, healthy fats

12:30ish protein, veg, healthy fats

5:30ish 1 HB egg

5:45ish weights

7:00ish palm size chicken/sweet potato (1/2)

8:00ish protein, veg, healthy fats

• Moderators

That is not a bad plan. If you find you are not hungry at meals, you could reduce the size of pre and or post-work meals a bit. Also, I frequently don't feel the need to do pre or post-workout meals after "light" cardio sessions. If I jog for 30 minutes, I probably would not worry about extra meals, but if I did hill sprints for 30 minutes, I would treat it like a heavy day in the weight room.

That is not a bad plan. If you find you are not hungry at meals, you could reduce the size of pre and or post-work meals a bit. Also, I frequently don't feel the need to do pre or post-workout meals after "light" cardio sessions. If I jog for 30 minutes, I probably would not worry about extra meals, but if I did hill sprints for 30 minutes, I would treat it like a heavy day in the weight room.

Thanks for your input, Tom. That is exactly what I was wondering, about cardio. My cardio normally consists of HIIT intervals on the treadmill (should've been more clear; 1 min run, 30 secs rest).

Archived