Bananas post-workout?

InkblotJo

Hey all,

I enjoy my post-workout sweet potato, but I've been craving some variety. I remember that we want vegetable carbs rather than fruit-based carbs post-workout, but I wonder if bananas would be appropriate since (to the best of my limited understanding) they're more glucose than fructose?

Thanks for the help!

- Jo

I think the amounts of fructose and glucose in a banana are about equal, but I don't think you should worry too much about it. A banana is a lot healthier than some things you could be eating post workout, and if you are bored--go for it.

Laura B, I completely agree. Don't get too caught up in breaking down the sugar content of fruit. Unless you are eating 6 bananas a day, its seriously no a problem.

I like to throw some apple sauce and cinnamon into the mix as well. Mashing half a banana into your sweet potato or pumpkin is also a tasty option!

We did a fun combination the other day. I don't remember ratios, but I just kept tasting it until it was good...

Cashew butter

Sweet Potatoes

Bananas

We squeezed it out of a plastic bag (we're classy like that), but I was thinking the mix would make a nice PWO popsicle...

Archived