Started Whole30 today - 3/7 - nervous & excited!!

Meggie

Hi, everyone!  I'm brand new to Whole30 as of today!  I've never done anything like before.  I am very excited and nervous at the same time.  I am undoubtedly a sugar addict, so this is daunting for me, but I really, REALLY need to slay that sugar dragon.  I am doing Whole30 with a good friend, so that will provide me additional support....and I need all I can get!  One of my worries is how  to present Whole30 at family dinners and other gatherings, which often contain MANY off-limits foods.  Do I bring my own food, or is that rude?  How do I politely decline foods that are not on Whole30?  Any help is appreciated!  Looking so forward to this journey!  :)  :)  :)

Hi Meggie, Congrats on starting your journey. I started today as well and like you this is my first Whole30. Luckily, I have the "I'm doing this for lent" argument to present to my family and friends. I get much more pressure from them than I do from my inner self. I already have a birthday brunch to attend for my cousin on Sunday! At one of the best restaurants in New Orleans, no less. My plan right now is to eat before I go and then order black coffee and fruit at the restaurant. I already told my cousin I would not be drinking. It's going to be tough, but I know I can pull it off. Good luck working the program. 

Archived