i need more density!

jojocoolcat

• Moderators

Hmm. I just finished eating carrots, red bell pepper, and onions stewed in coconut milk with ground pork. Now I did eat two bowls when maybe I should have eaten just one - :) - but I bet I will not be hungry again for 5-6 hours. You might try food like this.

Update: I finished this lunch at 11:30 AM and did not eat supper until 8 PM. I didn't mean to wait so long, but it worked out that way without being a problem.

I err on the too much fat side, but am never hungry for 4-5 hours after I eat.

For example...3-4 boiled eggs and a half an avocado, along with a veggie or fruit for breakfast.  Holds me for hours.

We also cook our ground beef in plenty of ghee or coconut oil.  Tastes great and gives you a warm and satisfied feeling if you eat slowly and let your stomach give the signal you are well-fed!

I second the more fat possibility.  If I don't have lots of fat with a meal, i will be hungrier sooner. Case in point, I left my lunch at home today so i was forced to forage in our awful cafeteria with small portions and overpriced food.  I was able to get rotisserie turkey, raw carrots, and a cold veggie mix in.  So no real good source of fat other. I'm hungry 2 hours later.

First, make sure your meals are meeting the recommended meal template of 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. 

Make sure you're staying sufficiently hydrated. Aim for drinking water, in the amount of half your body weight in ounces, daily.

Have carb-dense vegetables at least once daily.  These include sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots, onions, jicama, plantains, rutabaga and parsnips.

Archived