Starting March 10th!

noebaylis

I spent this week dipping my toes in the water, so to speak, to find out where my weak spots are, and now I'm ready to fully commit! I'm a little nervous, but my grandmother is doing the whole30 with me, so I have support at home (and here, of course!). 

I just have a couple of questions! 

First, I know weigh-ins are against the program. However, I'm pretty underweight, and my grandmother has expressed concern about my losing any more weight while doing this, so I'd like to know where I'm at. Should I weigh in once or twice a week, or is it sufficient to rely on watching my calorie count and judging by the way my clothes fit? 

Second, any tips for caffeine withdrawal? I'm going to give up my morning coffee, as I just can't do it without sugar - but the last time I tried to give up coffee, I was intolerable to be around, and I had a migraine for days. It was worse than quitting smoking! So how do I get through that? Willpower? Lots of water? Apology cards for my coworkers? 

I'm really excited. Even with my forays into sugar this week, I'm already feeling better than I have in ages - so I can't wait to see where I go from here! 

Welcome!

If you don't want to lose weight on a Whole30, take a look at the tips in this article: http://whole30.com/2013/12/keeping-weight-whole30/

Stick with the program rules: do not weigh yourself of take measurements for the 30 days. Focus on creating meals that meet the recommended Whole30 template that satiate you for 4-5 hours.  We prefer you don't calorie count: this is all about changing your relationship with food and tuning into your satiety signals. 

On the caffeine, take a look at the Whole30 Coffee Manifesto http://whole9life.com/2011/01/the-coffee-manifesto/. Perhaps consider switching to decaf first before going cold turkey no coffee?  Or, deal with the caffeine withdrawals for a few days (and yes, lots of water).

Archived