Stomache Flu... ALL my body wants is a CARB... Help!

I got the stomach flu (or maybe food poisoning?) on Wednesday... I didn't eat for almost 48 hours...

All I wanted was a piece of toast or a cracker... but kept on just powering through with some fruit and broth (the thought of an egg or piece of chicken was unbearable). However, it is now Saturday and I STILL can't look at an egg, piece of chicken, etc... I don't know how to get through the rest of this Whole 30 (I am on day 16)... Any one else experience this?

BTW - I am nursing a toddler so need the calories!

Are you drinking bone broth or just boxed chicken broth? If you can make some bone broth that will help with added nutrients. I would also make some vegetable soup / broth and drink as much as you can during the day. Have you tried egg drop soup or even mixed egg yolks into the broth to thicken it? That way you aren't eating chunks of egg. Maybe the smell is the problem. Although this doesn't follow the whole30 template, it will feed you nutrients and hopefully keep you from making bad choices. I hope you feel better soon. 

I wish I had answers for you, but I did want to tell you I can empathize. I've really been struggling with severe nausea due to daily migraines, and I would kill for some plain old crackers to settle my stomach. I hope you feel better soon and are able to find some things that you can handle eating while you're recovering!

Archived