Labels, Labels, Labels!!!

I love, love, love my olives!  It's the Tasso brand of Double Stuffed jalapeno & Garlic Super Mammoth Greek Olives (great name, huh?!) which I have purchased at Costco for years.  Good on their own, tasty when paired with meal, or on a salad.  The ingredients?  Fermented green pitted olives, jalapeno peppers, garlic water, vinegar, sea sat, lemon juice, herbs. 

Well, a trip to Costco today yielded shock!!!  The jars are smaller and the *new* recipe (which I probably wouldn't have even looked at [or for] except the jars were smaller and the label changed a bit- no warning that the recipe was changed in the packaging in terms of explicit labeling) includes white wine vinegar and I think maybe one more "no" item.  Darn!  I'm going by another Costco tomorrow on my way to a visit with my parents and will check in the see if i might hoard some of the good ol' compliant olives.  So very sad, I am!  I certainly may be able to find the original recipe in another store, but surely the pri$$$$$e will be a disappointment.

After writing that, I did a Google search and I see that WWV is okay on the W30, but not "the best choice."  I guess I should have remembered what else was on that new label!  In the future, I will double check previously trusted items.....

• Moderators

White wine vinegar is acceptable during a Whole30 period. There is no best choice about vinegars, although we all have our preferences. So the problem with your olives is not white wine vinegar. 

Archived