UK places to eat out?

I am taking my friend out for a meal on Friday for his birthday, however I am still on my whole 30 and was wondering where it was fairly easy to eat on the whole 30 plan (in the UK?)

yesterday I went to nandos, had a plain half chicken with side salad and avocado, I have yet to find anywhere else apart from nandos that I can eat whilst on whole 30! Does anyone have any wisdom? :) x

Great question! I will be in the UK for 5 weeks this summer and would love some help with this too.

Quick question about Nandos: is the periperi marinade compliant? Or when you say plain, do you mean you had one without the marinade? (I just wasn't aware if they had chicken that hadn't been marinated!) I checked out their website and can't find ingredients but would LOVE it if it were because I love Nando's and there is one right near by where I stay.

I thought all of Nando's chicken was marinated (my MIL is really anti-spice and I'm sure they told her that they didn't sell any "plain" chicken).  But at least their sauces seem to be mostly compliant (if you're happy with vegetable oil), well at least the supermarket versions of the ones I've looked at.

I haven't even attempted to eat out on with Whole 30 restrictions.  I've looked at a few websites and not had much joy with ingredient information.  Steak and salad are probably your best choice, (though Wetherspoon's steaks aren't even gluten-free, I haven't asked why, it could just be the chips that come with the dish).  In my experience, chain restaurants tend to be the least accommodating with dietary requests.

CarolinaVol-  I asked my husband ordered me a coffee at the pub recently and he came back with a latte... and he knows I don't drink milk (unfortunately, I don't think he knew what a latte was).  If you're a coffee drinker, you might want to specifically order a black coffee (or Americano) as even places like Starbucks will ask you what you mean if you just order a "coffee". 

I always go out for a burger. You can get them bun-less and with avocado and eggs. It's really nice. It takes a while to order them though (see my eating out London-style post in this very forum).

The other place that is brilliant is Wahaca, you can have the steak (without beans & rice) and their chilli-broccoli side is amazing. There's a Wahaca on the Southbank, in Waterloo and just off the Strand.

Hope that helps?

I was just in London last week and while not whole30-ing then (and boy, how I wasn't!) I did have a LOVELY dinner at Byron. Seems to be a popular burger chain making its way around the UK. They were very flexible with my order (lots of allergies) and served amazing olives (best I've ever had). Plus a nice selection of teas post meal.

Archived