Hyaena W30 Log

hyaena

Day 21

I slept in a little today and took a short walk with the dogs.  My mood got significantly better throughout the day.  I had no urge to have a nap at all.  Nine days left 'til I make basically no changes at all!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with spinach, bell peppers and left over chicken.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:    The rest of the chick and a garden salad

Supper:   BBQed steak, steamed carrots and broccoli

Mood and Energy:  Not too bad, but slept in 'til 0800h today

Exercise: walked 6.1 kms

Day 22

I had pretty good energy throughout the day but I had some serious attitude issues before bed.  I fell asleep ok.  No cravings or feeling too hungry today.  End is on the horizon! 

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with spinach, bell peppers and zucchini.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:    Leftover steak and a garden salad

Snack:  More leftover steak

Supper:   Nando's style BBQ chicken (yes we liked it that much) and fried veggies

Mood and Energy: Not bad.  Really cranky near bedtime

Exercise: walked 6.8 kms

Day 23

I had really good energy today.  I had a nap for the sole reason that I had time and it was a nice, sunny day in the bedroom!  Didn't walk as much as I'd like.  Finally had enough for lunch so that I wasn't hungry until supper.

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with spinach, bell peppers and zucchini.  A few small pieces of pork tenderloin.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:    Pork tender loin, carrots and cauliflower and a banana

Supper:   Grass-fed beef burgers and a strawberry, spinach garden salad

Mood and Energy:  Pretty good, but I had a nap when i got home.  The difference being I set an alarm and only slept for 35 minutes

Exercise: walked 5.9 kms and played tug with the 70lb Labradoodle!

Day 24

We all went for a huge walk down by the ocean.   It was awesome to have the whole family out getting sea air and exercise.  We did get a baseball field to ourselves for a bit and let the dogs run.  I tried running with them on leash and we all almost died in a tangle of fur and kneecaps.  We let them off leash and watched them run like bandits for the first time in a long while.  The dogs get to walk a lot but not run as much as we'd like.  We'd like them to come back so we're working on that!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bell peppers and a pork chop.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:    Pork chops and broccoli and a banana

Supper:   Home made chicken soup

Mood and Energy:  Great.  Went for 5 walks total with one large walk with my wife and dogs down buy the ocean!

Exercise: walked 8.6 kms

Day 25

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bell peppers and a pork chop.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:    pork chops, carrots and green beans and an orange

Supper:  Beef stew

Mood and Energy:  Great.  Another family walk!

Exercise: walked 7.5 kms.  20 intervals of 30 seconds.  Biceps, triceps and planking.  Moved up from beginner to intermediate planking.  Moved up weight for EZ bar curls

Day 27

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bell peppers,zucchini and pork chopped sausage.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:  BLT!  No bread obviously

Supper:  Ribs with Paleo BBQ Sauce, Nando's style chicken and mashed cauliflower, carrot and sweet potato 

Mood and Energy:  Pretty good 'til later in the afternoon.  Had a nap around 1630h

Exercise: walked 7.7 kms.

Day 28

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bell peppers and a bit of diced leftover chicken.  A coffee with coconut milk

Lunch:  Tuna on spinach garden salad, leftover beef stew

Supper:  pork loin and steamed cauliflower and carrots

Mood and Energy:  Woke up with quite a bit of back pain that i needed to walk off.  Pretty cranky thoroughout the day

Exercise: walked 5.9 kms.

Oooops, missed Day 29!   Here's day 30!

Day thirty is complete!   I will do a thorough update in the next day or so with the results!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with bell peppers, zucchini and 2 turkey patties. A coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: 2.5 turkey patties and a spinach garden salad.  Banana
Supper:   Roast Beef with steamed carrots and peas
Mood and Energy: Woke up with a bit of pain and had a muscle spasm in my left Trapezius for the entire day (Didn't push my luck with a workout)
Exercise: walked 6.6 kms.

DONE!

I finished my Whole30 on 4/8/2014.   I weighed in the morning of 4/9/2014 and was 159.8 pounds.   This is about 12 pounds less than the weigh in of 171.8 pounds.  While I wasn't looking necessarily for more weight-loss, I was carrying residual fat on my back, hips and haunch for the last few months of living primal (with the 20% being a beer on weekends, cream and sugar in my coffee).  By eliminating my “cheats†and eating 100% “paleo†my body responded by using up the last of my excess body fat.  Now for the first time in my life I am dangerously close to having “absâ€(at the spry age of 44).  Although the most workouts I achieved in a week was 2, they were effective.  My arms are getting more defined and growing, my waist is shrinking and I am starting to see definition in my legs (The walks I do monitor add up to about 50 kms a week).   We are starting another Whole30 on the back of this one, but I definitely won;t be trying to remember what I ate each day and post it.  Once we get these lifestyle changes to be second nature it just won't be called The Whole30 anymore!  I'l get some “after†photos soon just for fun.

All today since starting to eat paleo, and drastically raising my exercise level, I have lost 47 pounds, had my blood pressure go from “high†to actually a little low.  I have noticed having far fewer tics with my Tourette Syndrome.  My energy levels are remarkably higher.  I laid down for a nap yesterday (mostly out of habit and because I had the time) and I just dozed and relaxed.  I never actually slept; my body and mind didn't need it!

While we start another Whole30 our goals are to make the food more interesting, keep moving away from poor habits (wanting “dessertâ€, eating snacks between meals and eating enough at those meals) and getting more effective exercise other than walking.  My goal will be to get 3 workouts a week in and continue to make them more intense.

Archived