Whole 30 First Timer...

0omingmak

Hi Everyone :)

This is my first time doing Whole 30...heck, it's my first time doing anything paleo or paleo-ish.

Before this, I had tried Weight Watchers (6 times!) but I could never stick with it... The whole "eat whatever you want, as long as you don't go over your points" mentality did not work for me...it actually made things worse because I found myself eating more sweets and junk food then I did prior to joining WW. I would get horrible cravings and binge eat when I came home from work..but as soon as I would quit WW, I would stop bingeing. Weird.

Anyway, I also tried Dr. Fuhrman's vegan thing for a few weeks..I lost a ton of weight, but I was miserable. I hate beans and soy products and I dreaded every meal I made.

So now.. I am here..Im on my second day of Whole 30. So far, so good.. Yesterday, I got a little dizzy here and there, and at times I felt like I was in a fog..that was a little disconcerting, but today seems a bit better.  Luckily, my husband has agreed to go on this journey with me (although he absolutely refuses to not put sugar in his coffee) so I am very happy about that. I wish I could get my 5-year old on board! :lol:

Hi Everyone :)

This is my first time doing Whole 30...heck, it's my first time doing anything paleo or paleo-ish.

Before this, I had tried Weight Watchers (6 times!) but I could never stick with it... The whole "eat whatever you want, as long as you don't go over your points" mentality did not work for me...it actually made things worse because I found myself eating more sweets and junk food then I did prior to joining WW. I would get horrible cravings and binge eat when I came home from work..but as soon as I would quit WW, I would stop bingeing. Weird.

Anyway, I also tried Dr. Fuhrman's vegan thing for a few weeks..I lost a ton of weight, but I was miserable. I hate beans and soy products and I dreaded every meal I made.

So now.. I am here..Im on my second day of Whole 30. So far, so good.. Yesterday, I got a little dizzy here and there, and at times I felt like I was in a fog..that was a little disconcerting, but today seems a bit better.  Luckily, my husband has agreed to go on this journey with me (although he absolutely refuses to not put sugar in his coffee) so I am very happy about that. I wish I could get my 5-year old on board! :lol:

Hang in there the first week can be hard. Have you checked out the timeline? It might help you on your whole30. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Archived